NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

3 hours ago, jcordero said:

This is for a laptop and for general performance! What happens next when you get your safe base setting?

SInce you have a laptop, it is probably safe to say you don't have control over your RAM timings and your cooling is "fixed" (excluding using an insane laptop cooler...I made one with four Delta fans when we were over at NBR, lol).

If I am in your shoes, I will have throttlestop with two profiles. One is when I don't care about hearing (using headphones) fan noise and one for office work. Now I will say this, while I know how to undervolt GPUs, I never done so...even in my laptops. With Nvidia laptop GPUs, you are heat/power limited anyway, so there isn't a point of undervolting in my eyes. 

With my safe base settings in hand, I go after the full overclock. Squeezing as much performance at the top end, that means adding voltage. 

Connecticut Citizens Defense League: Carry On!

On 12/5/2022 at 12:12 AM, Etern4l said:

Just imagine the plug moving very easily side to side. Not falling out but really loose. Amazon talked me into trying a free replacement, have a bit of a bad feeling about this but OK. Will give them a chance, but one more strike and Corsair is out. I can't imagine it's working like this by design, but at the same time there is clearly either no QC or it really sucks, which is a worry. 

damn what an odyssey...quoting this one but have been following the rest, as well. i really didnt expect anything like this from the "legendary" AX1600i tbh. until the TX-1600 was only recently released, i actually had the 1600i in my wishlist quite firmly...

On 12/5/2022 at 1:12 AM, tps3443 said:

The 13900K is actually very very efficient! I had mine pulling 213 watts max running 5.5Ghz-5.8Ghz boost while hitting 41,300 in R23. That’s max power during R23. Now, imagine actually down clocking a chip like this to 12900K levels, it would really sip power. Now, that wattage isn’t realistic because we’re not always running R23 (24/7) but during games it would use about 20-100 watts.

Even bad chips can be brought down to low power levels equivalent to the Flagship Ryzen chip while still breaking that 41K R23. 

On 12/5/2022 at 12:54 AM, Papusan said:

I didn't konw you was that bad in math😀 

Worth every dime brother😀

LOL i sure hope everyone got the tongue in cheek in this convo 😛 😄 we would all be out of a "forum job" if we all only followed the sensible value route regarding hardware 😂 and we cant do that to poor bro @Reciever

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

We'll see how it pans out. But from my understanding.... I don't need to return the fans I got. This maybe will be perfect. I can use them on my coming toy... See below

image.thumb.png.915d69f57f2fcdd017b80afb5ba2e854.png

As picture and masurements above. Single pump connected... 270-275l/h or 4.5l/min. I have now added the second pump... 391.8l/hr or 6.53l/min. More as a backup solution for the first pump. Loop.... Pump and resevoar-WB-pump-Rad.

image.png.bb6a90c5fdc5ff9f5460703fde5a6f2c.png

image.png.ccbfa4e817ef829ddfab9cd97485a173.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old... image.png.1d9345de97437020edc6151fbb12233f.png was tempted by new and modern... Me ordering MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X.

image.png.328efa80c2ce9d24ca5b8fd26a50e6fc.png

I hate you Nvidia for your disgusting prices. But I couldn't resist. But stilll. This is spot on how I feel

linus-torvalds-linus.gif

I need have something to play with in the days. Because living in a Snow-Hell and the dreaded dark here north destroy my days and my health. 

image.png.7a5986d606686433bb41475649caec53.png

image.png.1deb105259cd3a12206a4db36f21480e.png

Me walking in the white wonderland with the small Thief. 

image.png.749f0c1f01613ed4095f2784eaca3538.png

Sorry I flloding the forume with pictures bro @Reciever @Hiew 😀

CIGAR.gif

DUDE! no way, u made the jump and got a 4090! 😮 u planning on keeping the stock AiO? pls update us on what the vBios limits are, apparently there are two Liquid X versions out there, one with 530W and the other with 600W limit.

in any case, crazy prices back and forth, ull enjoy that beast of a card nonetheless. i know i am 😎

• Thumb Up 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

1 hour ago, Rage Set said:

SInce you have a laptop, it is probably safe to say you don't have control over your RAM timings and your cooling is "fixed" (excluding using an insane laptop cooler...I made one with four Delta fans when we were over at NBR, lol).

If I am in your shoes, I will have throttlestop with two profiles. One is when I don't care about hearing (using headphones) fan noise and one for office work. Now I will say this, while I know how to undervolt GPUs, I never done so...even in my laptops. With Nvidia laptop GPUs, you are heat/power limited anyway, so there isn't a point of undervolting in my eyes. 

With my safe base settings in hand, I go after the full overclock. Squeezing as much performance at the top end, that means adding voltage. 

I'm actually using a Clevo laptop with Prema's unlocked BIOS so I do have control over that stuff lol. When I try the full on overclocking route on my 10900k on the X170SM-G, it actually produces a Cinebench score that is less than when I downclock and undervolt at the same time. What is going on?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jcordero said:

I'm actually using a Clevo laptop with Prema's unlocked BIOS so I do have control over that stuff lol. When I try the full on overclocking route on my 10900k on the X170SM-G, it actually produces a Cinebench score that is less than when I downclock and undervolt at the same time. What is going on?

Not remotely the same laptop but a similar simple mechanism could be at work: with a BGA AW, UV maximises performance. Without it the CPU would just thermally throttle.

• Thumb Up 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

2 hours ago, jcordero said:

It as @Etern4l stated, you're likely thermal throttling. You're unfortunately limited by the heatsink and TIM in that X170SM-G, especially with the 10900k. Has the 10900k been delidded? Even if you are not going for world records, a delid will increase your thermal headroom. If you are uncomfortable with a delid, what TIM do you have applied? Does the X170SM-G have a modded bottom cover, to allow in more air? 

If you want to go the simple route, you are going to have to lower your allcore to something that is achievable with an undervolt. This could mean, allowing 4 of the cores to be at 4.8/4.9 and the other six at 4.4/4.5. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, electrosoft said:

4080's still in stock at Newegg and Microcenters..... *giggle*

along with A770.

Me, looking for new cards last week and until yesterday.... Almost none of the  4090's and a flood of 4080's. And at awful prices for a card that should cost around 900$ included tax here home in tax hell. Yep, Norway is more expensive than EU and the cheaper U.S.

Forgot to tell. I talked with my wife the day before about looking for a new card. I brought it up this spring with her... I skrapped the idea go with 3090 (Ti) because of soon EOL status. Why buy a 3090 in May when you know new cards was out in the fall? Ok

I went in bed.... Late as usual. My wife was earlier up. She kkow wht card I looked on. I woke up, checked mail and internet. In my inbox... Confirmed order on the MSI card 🙂 Yep, she wasn't home.

The day she bought the card without I know it... Dec 7. This date is the date we become a couple. 32 years ago. 7th Dec 1990🙂 What a nice wife 🙂

And the price for the Suprime X isn't final. I was so lucky I could find the BeQuiet! 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE in the webshop here home. Whooping 39.40 United States Dollar or over 2.5 the price you have to pay in U.S on Newegg. Isn't that disgusting? Nvidia could have keept the 8 pin contacts. Or (just put with a gift card in all boxes with GPU chips, that will help cover the costs - 20$ should be sufficient). I would gladly pay the rest.

image.png.f25f51ddaa8c49f13a76bf7bb8157c5c.png

Edit. Is this meant as a Joke for the U.S citizens? This is awful if correct and 800$ more than here home with all added taxes. 

image.png.c7db776d51a1676aed4714bc275f3588.png

8 hours ago, Rage Set said:

I don't want to live there but with snow like that, I would love to stay one winter. I may sound crazy (some think I am) but I do want to visit some of the coldest places on earth. The only reason why I've stayed in the Northeast is due to the four seasons we get here and when we get snow, we get buried. Your snowfall looks a lot like the snow Buffalo, NY gets. I'm slowly getting my wife ready for either Colorado or Vermont. Before I sleep my final rest, I need to be near a wilderness, as my backyard. 

Anyway bro, congrats on the card. I am sure you are going to do some major damage with that card in benching. 

Yep, some say we also have four seasons here as well. But for me... I'll say its only two... Green and White winter😀 May is the last spring month, and here I walk in snow at this month. So for me the Winter will be changed with the summer and rain. Snow is as you know. Frozen water, LOOL

I can understand you want to be near forest/montains. When I was a kid and up to 23 I lived in a city. Since then I moved to the country side with house, dog, fam and Volvo. Very clean air. And I can walk out from my home around 100m away and I'm in the forest. Nearest small lake is 250 m from the house.

Btw. The loads of snow will now be swapped to 20 minus. My next bet... Rain. The weather comes in all colors here home. Nothing will last very long before the weather change agin. Some sai the climat is in change. This,,, Depends where you live. Not so much here in North. Maybe more rain. But rain will become snow when temps go below zero. So snow and rain it will be. With a touch of the normal winter storms. 

And thanks bro Rage 🙂

8 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

LOL i sure hope everyone got the tongue in cheek in this convo 😛 😄 we would all be out of a "forum job" if we all only followed the sensible value route regarding hardware 😂 and we cant do that to poor bro @Reciever

DUDE! no way, u made the jump and got a 4090! 😮 u planning on keeping the stock AiO? pls update us on what the vBios limits are, apparently there are two Liquid X versions out there, one with 530W and the other with 600W limit.

in any case, crazy prices back and forth, ull enjoy that beast of a card nonetheless. i know i am 😎

LOOL

From what I know. Suprim X Liquid is only 530W board power. I mean there are some that cross flashed 600W Strix OC vbios. 

Regarding keeping the AIO or go custom water for the card. The custom block will be well over 400$. Have a lot of other things to spend my money on right no. So we'll see. But the stock AIO it will be for now. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 5

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

7 hours ago, jcordero said:

Definitely thermal throttling. You can check to see if there is one core running significantly hotter than the others or if you just reached your thermal limit.

There are a few ways to improve this of course. My heatsink is modded from zTecpc (using washers under the screws to increase mounting pressure, and the 4th CPU screw is cut off), my 10900K is a good bin from brother @Mr. Fox, it's delidded with liquid metal applied between the CPU die and IHS, I'm using the rockitcool full copper IHS, and I was using Phobya Nanogrease Extreme between the CPU and heatsink. With all of these improvements combined, I can do 5.5 GHz across 6 cores in games, 5.4 GHz all core for heavy productivity tasks, and 5.1 GHz all core in benchmarks.

I have since repasted with liquid metal between the CPU and heatsink. Given a cold winter day, I could probably add another 100 MHz to the above speeds easily. I don't know of anyone else who has been able to achieve 5.5 GHz on this laptop to begin with though. I posted a picture of my results a while back.

A good bin 10900K is definitely a prerequisite for anything higher than 4.9 GHz all core on this system. Even then, you'll only be able to take advantage of the silicon quality and open up the CPU with the mods I previously listed. Seriously, you can get a significant improvement in CPU speeds out of this laptop. I wish it was this way out of the box. Only way I can go any higher is if I get ahold of an even better bin 10900K.

Full disclosure, the 10900K I got from @Mr. Fox is an SP 87, but it acts like an SP 100 chip. so the SP is not the end all be all. It overclocks extremely well. The only thing holding me back is thermals.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Forgot to tell. I talked with my wife the day before about looking for a new card. I brought it up this spring with her... I skrapped the idea go with 3090 (Ti) because of soon EOL status. Why buy a 3090 in May when you know new cards was out in the fall? Ok

I went in bed.... Late as usual. My wife was earlier up. She kkow wht card I looked on. I woke up, checked mail and internet. In my inbox... Confirmed order on the MSI card 🙂 Yep, she wasn't home.

The day she bought the card without I know it... Dec 7. This date is the date we become a couple. 32 years ago. 7th Dec 1990🙂 What a nice wife 🙂

A good wife is the most precious gift life can offer a man. 

10 hours ago, Papusan said:

Edit. Is this meant as a Joke for the U.S citizens? This is awful if correct and 800$ more than here home with all added taxes. 

It is, without a doubt, beyond absurd and totally dishonest. However, that is a NewEgg Marketplace seller. They are not all bad, but many are dishonest, shady scalpers. If you buy something on NewEgg, the only way to avoid getting screwed on price or otherwise defrauded is to only buy items "sold and shipped by NewEgg" and I filter everything that way. That is starting to be a more common issue with Amazon as well. Anything that is not "Prime" and coming from Amazon is usually grossly overpriced. That is not the "normal" price in the US. The normal price is retarded, but not "as retarded" as that. 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Intel is re-refreshing the Alder / Raptor Core series processors.

Intel “Raptor Lake-S Refresh” confirmed for Q3 2023, Sapphire Rapids HEDT specs leaked

13th gen Raptor Lake S "Refresh" is incoming. It will be on same socket, Q3 2023 release into Retail they are planning for all TDP ranges. I said re-refresh because all CPUs under i5 13600K are using Golden Cove which is Alder Lake Core series architecture. Raptor lake itself is a refresh of that by adding - More L2 Cache, High Clock, Higher Ring Bus speed, Improved IMC.

https://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2022/12/INTEL-RAPTOR-LAKE-REFRESH.jpg

It will be on same 13xxx naming probably. 14th gen is delayed / moved to 2024 to compete vs Zen 5 this is probably done to make Intel Socket feel longer in life than in reality. Because If Intel releases 14th in 2023, and by 2024 15th it will be EOLed and leaving Zen 5 2024 > Zen 5X3D in 2025. So they want to compete on same AMD competition.

Remember Haswell refresh ? 100-200MHz clock boost across all processors  I think. So RPL-S Refresh might as well be same, I wonder what's the deal with 13900KS then. So I think xx50 will be added to all processors like i7 13750K, i9 13950K to distinguish or if they want to pull a massive smoke then it will be 14xxx series lol. They may also add that DLVR Voltage Regulator to improve the power draw as it was there in ASUS BIOS but doesn't work on any of LGA1700 processors as it got fused off. Wonder if they plan to enable AVX512 since AMD has no competition as they are leaders now in that AVX512 even if they enable the AVX offset wont go away.

Honestly I do not expect much from this, because the 12th vs 13th in gaming helped only a little, and more Cache + Clocks will not provide any significant uplift it will be a refined chip that is pretty much it and have some relevance in that gaming vs Zen 4X3D.  For Hyperthreaded high core workloads the 12th vs 13th improved due to added baby cores and overall platform improvements, still it was not a big leap vs each Core in 12th vs 13th like Zen 3 vs Zen 4 has a lot, as 7600X beats the 5800X in everything even with 2C4T less.

https://nitter.snopyta.org/pic/orig/media%2FFjd3mY_UAAAsDX_.jpg

Leaker also posted Intel slides for the entire Sapphire Rapids-WS and Sapphire Rapids-SP series. These are the new HEDT/workstation and data-center products. The leak also features every SKU confirming their core/thread configurations and clocks. Furthermore, this also confirms that there will be unlocked variants, which brings overclocking for high-power Intel CPUs back again on the table.

The W-2400 series are confirmed to feature default TDP up to 225W. Enthusiast should expect up to 24 cores and clock speed up to 4.8 GHz. Those processors will support quad-channel memory up to DDR5-4800 spec.

The higher-end W-3400 series will feature up to 56 cores and clocks up to 4.8 GHz. This is a more capable platform with PCIe Gen5 lanes increased from 64 to 112. Furthermore, the TDP is higher for those SKUs as well, going up to 350W (base power). Those systems will also support octa-channel DDR5 memory.

HEDT Core-X series is finally officially dead.  Moving forward it will be W series Xeon and Workstation (64 PCIe Lanes only) then Workstation Pro (112 PCIe Lanes + higher channel memory) . Just like AMD's Threadripper PRO which also distinguished the more wider memory channel.  But Intel may be offering basic W class. AMD might as well be forced do the Threadripper and not just PRO next year with Zen 4 based EPYC > Threadripper processors.

AMD Allegedly Prepping Three Ryzen 7000 X3D CPUs

• Ryzen 9 7950X3D: 16 MB L2, 192 MB L3, 170W
  • Ryzen 9 7900X3D: 12 MB L2, 192 MB L3, 170W
  • Ryzen 7 7800X3D: 8 MB L2. 96 MB L3, 170W

Going back..So basically Intel wants to keep the LGA1700 sales alive for next year too after Zen 4 X3D will launch which is rumored to have 3 SKUs this round, from 8, 12, 16Cores across full R5, 7, 9 series. Making a total refresh of X3D unlike Zen 3's 5800X3D and since the voltage is already low on AMD parts this round at 1.1-1.2 at 5.8GHz boost I do not think there will be a clock rate cut off or some other BS. Time will tell.

Both will fight against their own processors lol. RPL Refresh vs RPL. Zen 4 7000 vs 7000X3D.

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

13 minutes ago, Ashtrix said:

Intel “Raptor Lake-S Refresh” confirmed for Q3 2023, Sapphire Rapids HEDT specs leaked

13th gen Raptor Lake S "Refresh" is incoming. It will be on same socket, Q3 2023 release into Retail they are planning for all TDP ranges. I said re-refresh because all CPUs under i5 13600K are using Golden Cove which is Alder Lake Core series architecture. Raptor lake itself is a refresh of that by adding - More L2 Cache, High Clock, Higher Ring Bus speed, Improved IMC.

It will be on same 13xxx naming probably. 14th gen is delayed / moved to 2024 to compete vs Zen 5 this is probably done to make Intel Socket feel longer in life than in reality. Because If Intel releases 14th in 2023, and by 2024 15th it will be EOLed and leaving Zen 5 2024 > Zen 5X3D in 2025. So they want to compete on same AMD competition.

Remember Haswell refresh ? 100-200MHz clock boost across all processors  I think. So RPL-S Refresh might as well be same, I wonder what's the deal with 13900KS then. So I think xx50 will be added to all processors like i7 13750K, i9 13950K to distinguish or if they want to pull a massive smoke then it will be 14xxx series lol.

Honestly I do not expect much from this, because the 12th vs 13th in gaming helped only a little, and more Cache + Clocks will not provide any significant uplift it will be a refined chip that is pretty much it and have some relevance in that gaming vs Zen 4X3D.  For Hyperthreaded high core workloads the 12th vs 13th improved due to added baby cores and overall platform improvements, still it was not a big leap vs each Core in 12th vs 13th like Zen 3 vs Zen 4 has a lot, as 7600X beats the 5800X in everything even with 2C4T less.

HEDT Core-X series is finally officially dead.  Moving forward it will be W series Xeon and Workstation (64 PCIe Lanes only) then Workstation Pro (112 PCIe Lanes + higher channel memory) . Just like AMD's Threadripper PRO which also distinguished the more wider memory channel.  But Intel may be offering basic W class. AMD might as well be forced do the Threadripper and not just PRO next year with Zen 4 based EPYC > Threadripper processors.

Going back..So basically Intel wants to keep the LGA1700 sales alive for next year too after Zen 4 X3D will launch which is rumored to have 3 SKUs this round, from 8, 12, 16Cores across full R5, 7, 9 series. Making a total refresh of X3D unlike Zen 3's 5800X3D and since the voltage is already low on AMD parts this round at 1.1-1.2 at 5.8GHz boost I do not think there will be a clock rate cut off or some other BS. Time will tell.

Both will fight against their own processors lol. RPL Refresh vs RPL. Zen 4 7000 vs 7000X3D.

A refresh could definitely be more than just clocks. Could definitely see core increases, additional clocks and more cache would all be welcomed. Either way another gen isn't bad for LGA 1700 customers and is a good will from Intel and gives LGA 1700 3 gens and might establish new Intel norm moving forward. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

21 hours ago, jcordero said:

if the cpu itself doesnt thermal throttle, u might wanna check padding and contact on your VRMs, they might also be throttling.

16 hours ago, Papusan said:

Me, looking for new cards last week and until yesterday.... Almost none of the  4090's and a flood of 4080's. And at awful prices for a card that should cost around 900$ included tax here home in tax hell. Yep, Norway is more expensive than EU and the cheaper U.S.

And the price for the Suprime X isn't final. I was so lucky I could find the BeQuiet! 12VHPWR PCI-E ADAPTER CABLE in the webshop here home. Whooping 39.40 United States Dollar or over 2.5 the price you have to pay in U.S on Newegg. Isn't that disgusting? Nvidia could have keept the 8 pin contacts. Or (just put with a gift card in all boxes with GPU chips, that will help cover the costs - 20$ should be sufficient). I would gladly pay the rest.

image.png.f25f51ddaa8c49f13a76bf7bb8157c5c.png

Yep, some say we also have four seasons here as well. But for me... I'll say its only two... Green and White winter😀 May is the last spring month, and here I walk in snow at this month. So for me the Winter will be changed with the summer and rain. Snow is as you know. Frozen water, LOOL

I can understand you want to be near forest/montains. When I was a kid and up to 23 I lived in a city. Since then I moved to the country side with house, dog, fam and Volvo. Very clean air. And I can walk out from my home around 100m away and I'm in the forest. Nearest small lake is 250 m from the house.

Btw. The loads of snow will now be swapped to 20 minus. My next bet... Rain. The weather comes in all colors here home. Nothing will last very long before the weather change agin. Some sai the climat is in change. This,,, Depends where you live. Not so much here in North. Maybe more rain. But rain will become snow when temps go below zero. So snow and rain it will be. With a touch of the normal winter storms. 

And thanks bro Rage 🙂

LOOL

From what I know. Suprim X Liquid is only 530W board power. I mean there are some that cross flashed 600W Strix OC vbios. 

Regarding keeping the AIO or go custom water for the card. The custom block will be well over 400$. Have a lot of other things to spend my money on right no. So we'll see. But the stock AIO it will be for now. 

dude, what a wife! thats so precious! makes that 4090 all the more golden man, enjoy!

and yes indeed, there ARE liquid X models out there with a 600W stock vbios! not just cross-flashed. see if u might have gotten ahold one of those stock unicorns haha.

3 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Remember Haswell refresh ? 100-200MHz clock boost across all processors  I think. So RPL-S Refresh might as well be same, I wonder what's the deal with 13900KS then. So I think xx50 will be added to all processors like i7 13750K, i9 13950K to distinguish or if they want to pull a massive smoke then it will be 14xxx series lol. They may also add that DLVR Voltage Regulator to improve the power draw as it was there in ASUS BIOS but doesn't work on any of LGA1700 processors as it got fused off. Wonder if they plan to enable AVX512 since AMD has no competition as they are leaders now in that AVX512 even if they enable the AVX offset wont go away.

now, WHOever might profit from such a constellation, eh? 😉 golden times for PC freaks! 😄 

• Thumb Up 4

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

6 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

AMD will respond with a non-pro Threadripper but they are going to learn that many of us TRX40 users won't touch it. I have a soft spot for TR, but I will not forget that AMD abandoned TRX40. 

I am and likely always be interested in the HEDT market and I will keep my eye on W-2400 series. I suspect that series is going to require a monster amount of cooling if you want to hit 4.5 to 5.0 allcore. Broadwell-E all over again.  

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Quick question: how can Nvidia continue to charge $1100 for a 3090Ti, if a 24GB 7900XTX will retail for $999?

https://store.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/store/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-us&category=GPU,DESKTOP

BTW 4090 FE not in stock in the US either..... What a joke.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

16 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Quick question: how can Nvidia continue to charge $1100 for a 3090Ti, if a 24GB 7900XTX will retail for $999?

https://store.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/store/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-us&category=GPU,DESKTOP

Because people will continue to pay it. There are many people that will not purchase a GPU from AMD and will pay more for something from NVIDIA. The Green Goblin knows that and they are willing to take advantage of those people... because they are bad people that make good products.

16 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

BTW 4090 FE not in stock in the US either..... What a joke.

And, 4090 FE probably will remain largely unavailable until they sell off most of their obsolete overpriced product to the suckers willing to overpay for obsolete products. Nothing wrong with the product, or with being obsolete. Both of those things are fine, but paying an inflated price for an obsolete product takes both a shyster and a sucker. As they say, "it takes two to tango" LOL.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Sad 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Because people will continue to pay it. There are many people that will not purchase a GPU from AMD and will pay more for something from NVIDIA. The Green Goblin knows that and they are willing to take advantage of those people... because they are bad people that make good products.

I guess it must be RT performance worries, or DLSS3, otherwise the 7900XTX destroys the 3090Ti on raw specs while being much more compact:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-7900-xtx.c3941

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3090-ti.c3829

-- Max Tegmark

8 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

They won't be selling many more of those at that price, and supply is likely nearly gone. I haven't seen any in stock lately. If you click on that BUY IT NOW button, it links to an out of stock BB sale which hasn't been there for at least a month. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

21 minutes ago, Talon said:

They won't be selling many more of those at that price, and supply is likely nearly gone. I haven't seen any in stock lately. If you click on that BUY IT NOW button, it links to an out of stock BB sale which hasn't been there for at least a month. 

Interesting. They have been in stock in the UK for... $1400. $1170 after subtracting the handsome 20% VAT. Well, Jensen won't say no to the satisfying act of making an extra $70  sc..wing  people all over the world on currency movements. 

Either way, looks like they have nothing to compete with against the 7900XTX but the 4090. Hope the new cards benchmark well, Nvidia deserves a beating. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

-- Max Tegmark

My 13900K with SP121 P-Cores finally made it out of Postal customs and it’s roaming the nation as we speak making its way to home. 🤪

13900KS leaked specs look weak to me 🧐... It has the same all core frequency’s as a normal 13900K? And the same ring frequency? And the same E-Core frequencies too? I’m guessing the 13900KS is probably SP110+ P-Core CPU. 

13900KS (2) core turbo 6.0Ghz

13900KS all core boost 5.4Ghz 

13900KS Base frequency 3.2Ghz

I have a normal “run of the mill” 13900K right now (Force 143). And it’s hammering down 5.8-6.0Ghz P-Cores, with 4.5Ghz E-Cores, and a whopping 5.2Ghz  BIG DOG OC on the ring 🤣! “This is with my chiller off” 😎 These chips are all flipping awesome regardless of the bin.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

13900KF

Is it... Is it what I think it is?😀 Hmmm. Bro @electrosoft are you ready for some shoes? This box is huge enough to contain several pair of "all black" Crocs😜 

image.png.d7a23dbc2ee01164776a8817be70562d.png

Spoiler

Not everyday I have two brand new graphics cards in my hands. The small one is the 3070 who will go rigth in to my youngest sons new build. I usually buy used cards. Because I'm not a big gamer and hence not the big need for new every second year. 

image.thumb.png.48b404a6a2f4db47889bd564bbf85773.png

What surprised me... How is it possible that the package arrived within 24 hours. The normal minimum is 5 days. Maybe they had a huge shipment going on for this part of country and used the flight this time. Oh'well. I need to wait for my BeQuiet adapter. And I most likely have to re-do my custom cooling. How much easier it would be with standard card. Even with the biggest chassis as the 1000D I need to change things to make it fits. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

8 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Let's put the myth that Intel guarantees any binning with their KS products to rest My 12900KS was Force 165, unless that bad rating was somehow effected by the poor PSU. 

Force 165 wouldn’t be that bad for a 12900KS. Some 13900K’s are Force 160’s. Average seems to be Force 149 for 13900K.

13900KF

3 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Is it... Is it what I think it is?😀 Hmmm. Bro @electrosoft are you ready for some shoes? This box is huge enough to contain several pair of "all black" Crocs😜 

image.png.d7a23dbc2ee01164776a8817be70562d.png

Hide contents

Not everyday I have two brand new graphics cards in my hands. The small one is the 3070 who will go rigth in to my youngest sons new build. I usually buy used cards. Because I'm not a big gamer and hence not the big need for new every second year. 

image.thumb.png.48b404a6a2f4db47889bd564bbf85773.png

What surprised me... How is it possible that the package arrived within 24 hours. The normal minimum is 5 days. Maybe they had a huge shipment going on for this part of country and used the flight this time. Oh'well. I need to wait for my BeQuiet adapter. And I most likely have to re-do my custom cooling. How much easier it would be with standard card. Even with the biggest chassis as the 1000D I need to change things to make it fits. 

Are you upgrading from a 3090Ti Supreme X?

13900KF

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Are you upgrading from a 3090Ti Supreme X?

Nope: I usually buy a few cheaper older cards to have fun with. Never on the latest and greatest for graphics cards. And scalpers and miners made it easier for me the last 2-3 years. I will never pay more than the already high "scalping" price from retail shops (the more normal scalping price).

The 4090 Suprime X Liquid would be around  $1880 without the Norwegian taxes. This is about to expect as normal prices from AIB partners custom cards. So not very mutch over what you have to pay in other countries. I think Asus want nearer $2000 for their Strix OC cards at MSRP. This in U:S I think.

In short.. 4090 FE is $1599 MSRP. So pay sub $200 extra for a custom cards is to be expected. 

Edit. The problem is that Nvidia want so damn much for the 4090 Fe. And the AIC partners has to put a premium on top for the better bin and custom cards. 

image.png.61172e2c962b7ba03bb3c3928e4ff7ec.png

The partners just can't sell at the same price point as Nvidia. Bigger cooling and bling bling factor is as expected to inflate the prices over MSRP.  So the main problem is and will be Nvidia. Lets say the 4090 Fe was priced at  edible $1300. I doubt the AIC parners would sell the custom cards at near $2000. They are greedy as well but I don't think they would add 50% premium on top. 

Edit. MSI was so kind that they sent with a cheapo mouse pad. Why bother? I will continue use my 20 years old Func 1030 Surface mouse pad. Yep, 20 years old, LOOL

image.png.d70856b243c5f0e27a4d9cffb543f1d0.png

Btw. Is this meant as a Joke? 4 screws and 4 thin metal washers for dual radiator. How much did they save on a $2000 card ? This reminds me all too much about Dell Alienware and their TRIPOD heatsink fiasco. Less screws = saved costs. Disgusting.

image.png.7fc1a389f0dc5518aff29d4b04ad684e.png

Edit. Retarded! Kitguru already mentioned this stupidity here... We discuss the ‘screw' situation in detail in the video, but it's worth highlighting a couple of strange design choices that MSI made. The first is the inclusion of just four shorter screws which would secure the radiator to your case. This is obviously just half the number of screw holes in the radiator itself, and while it would probably be secure enough with just four screws, is that really a risk you'd want to take with a £2000 RTX 4090? It just seems bonkers to me to only include half the number of screws when the cost would be pennies.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Clamibot said:

Definitely thermal throttling. You can check to see if there is one core running significantly hotter than the others or if you just reached your thermal limit.

There are a few ways to improve this of course. My heatsink is modded from zTecpc (using washers under the screws to increase mounting pressure, and the 4th CPU screw is cut off), my 10900K is a good bin from brother @Mr. Fox, it's delidded with liquid metal applied between the CPU die and IHS, I'm using the rockitcool full copper IHS, and I was using Phobya Nanogrease Extreme between the CPU and heatsink. With all of these improvements combined, I can do 5.5 GHz across 6 cores in games, 5.4 GHz all core for heavy productivity tasks, and 5.1 GHz all core in benchmarks.

I have since repasted with liquid metal between the CPU and heatsink. Given a cold winter day, I could probably add another 100 MHz to the above speeds easily. I don't know of anyone else who has been able to achieve 5.5 GHz on this laptop to begin with though. I posted a picture of my results a while back.

A good bin 10900K is definitely a prerequisite for anything higher than 4.9 GHz all core on this system. Even then, you'll only be able to take advantage of the silicon quality and open up the CPU with the mods I previously listed. Seriously, you can get a significant improvement in CPU speeds out of this laptop. I wish it was this way out of the box. Only way I can go any higher is if I get ahold of an even better bin 10900K.

Full disclosure, the 10900K I got from @Mr. Fox is an SP 87, but it acts like an SP 100 chip. so the SP is not the end all be all. It overclocks extremely well. The only thing holding me back is thermals.

Wow! Your CPU must have been hella happy with those mods. Can you link me any tutorials and where to get these parts? Also, what BIOS settings did you use?

• Thumb Up 1