NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread

electrosoft

8 hours ago, ViktorV said:

I just asked the dealer and this is what they said "Currently only brand new machines with 3080 graphics cards are in stock. No more with 3060-3070 cards. This laptop model was completely discontinued in January. Originally, Clevo planned to resume production in the second quarter, but due to the epidemic, the factory has also closed and they will no longer be available."

Dam that sucks.

7 hours ago, Katza said:

When did you install it?
Is is an open source software which gets updated frequently with new hardware sensors.

A while back, i know its open sourced and more then likely updated will give it a shot at sometime. been super busy with porting over a router from QDSK to OpenWRT lol.

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

hey guys 

hope you machines are running well. as you know i sold my machine but 2 deleiver attempts have been made in Germany and he was not home. what happens after the third ?Do they send it back to me ? Is there anything i could do right now to protect myself ?

5 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

hey guys 

hope you machines are running well. as you know i sold my machine but 2 deleiver attempts have been made in Germany and he was not home. what happens after the third ?Do they send it back to me ? Is there anything i could do right now to protect myself ?

Normally it does get sent back to sender after 3 failed attempts.

Spoiler

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

1 hour ago, Sydneyblue said:

hey guys 

Which carrier did you use to send it? That will give you some insight into if it is staying within their entire delivery chain (FedEx, UPS) or could potentially be handed off to local delivery courier services (USPS, DHL).

Reach out directly to the buyer via eBay messaging and inform them it was attempted to be delivered twice already and is there a problem. You are usually given their full contact information. You could even call if needed. If they didn't want it, they usually just refuse it and it starts heading back.

Kudos to you for doing an international sale on such a high end item. I got burned a few times on a few items selling international so I stopped except for smaller items.

So many things can happen once a sale is completed and an item sent. Illness, other situation that keeps you away from receiving it, death even.

Worst for me was a package was attempted for delivery, never picked up and returned. Buyer never tried to get a refund or anything so I felt compelled to follow up. Come to find out from the time he bought it to delivery he had passed away. I ended up tracking down a relative who told me and I found his obit. I just went ahead and refunded it along with my deepest condolences.

• Like 1

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

12 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Which carrier did you use to send it? That will give you some insight into if it is staying within their entire delivery chain (FedEx, UPS) or could potentially be handed off to local delivery courier services (USPS, DHL).

Reach out directly to the buyer via eBay messaging and inform them it was attempted to be delivered twice already and is there a problem. You are usually given their full contact information. You could even call if needed. If they didn't want it, they usually just refuse it and it starts heading back.

Kudos to you for doing an international sale on such a high end item. I got burned a few times on a few items selling international so I stopped except for smaller items.

So many things can happen once a sale is completed and an item sent. Illness, other situation that keeps you away from receiving it, death even.

Worst for me was a package was attempted for delivery, never picked up and returned. Buyer never tried to get a refund or anything so I felt compelled to follow up. Come to find out from the time he bought it to delivery he had passed away. I ended up tracking down a relative who told me and I found his obit. I just went ahead and refunded it along with my deepest condolences.

usps was the carrier

i reached out in ebay and got no response 

thats incrediable story and sad 

1 hour ago, Sydneyblue said:

usps was the carrier

i reached out in ebay and got no response 

thats incrediable story and sad 

Hmmm, did you use eBay's international shipping program or did you ship it yourself international?

eBay won't get involved unless the buyer opens a case.

You will need to try to contact the buyer directly to see what is going on. He may have had a case of buyers remorse or seen how much customs fees were and said, "no thanks." That happens too. I've also had buyers not pick up their items the first few times and finally get it the third or pick it up from their local PO.

At this point, besides reaching out to the buyer there isn't much you can do but wait and watch it unfold.

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

1 hour ago, electrosoft said:

Hmmm, did you use eBay's international shipping program or did you ship it yourself international?

eBay won't get involved unless the buyer opens a case.

You will need to try to contact the buyer directly to see what is going on. He may have had a case of buyers remorse or seen how much customs fees were and said, "no thanks." That happens too. I've also had buyers not pick up their items the first few times and finally get it the third or pick it up from their local PO.

At this point, besides reaching out to the buyer there isn't much you can do but wait and watch it unfold.

i used ebays pre paid label for shipping 

im getting my popcorn ready to watch the drama unfold 😆

Hey there, didn´t notice your message on ebay, sorry.

The KM finally arrived. Problem was DHL did not reroute it to my office as i told them. Had to stay home for the whole day and wait for them...

I´ll have a look at it this weekend.

• Thumb Up 2

@Sydneyblue There you go its not going to be a stinky penny for you lol.

• Haha 1

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, wilpang said:

Yay happy outcome.

I'm been lucky selling laptops on NBR and touch wood always made it to their new owners in UK or Europe.

The few times dealing with NBR members for international sales always turned out great.

• Thumb Up 1

Well update on Subwoofer issue, decided to have a go myself, took all the screws out of the case took the heatsink off, cleaned the thermal paste off then looked at what other screws was needed to be removed. Then promptly chickened out. Why couldn't the connector be next to the battery section why does it need to be underneath the trackpad area! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So yeah going to let the pro's deal with it. On the plus side on the repaste i managed to do a better job and use less paste in the process whilst knocking 3c off at the same time.

I love this laptop but at same time HATE it. Built like a brick, weighs like one to but a PITA to disassemble. No pins was harmed in the repaste this time either.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

7 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

Well update on Subwoofer issue, decided to have a go myself, took all the screws out of the case took the heatsink off, cleaned the thermal paste off then looked at what other screws was needed to be removed. Then promptly chickened out. Why couldn't the connector be next to the battery section why does it need to be underneath the trackpad area! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So yeah going to let the pro's deal with it. On the plus side on the repaste i managed to do a better job and use less paste in the process whilst knocking 3c off at the same time.

I love this laptop but at same time HATE it. Built like a brick, weighs like one to but a PITA to disassemble. No pins was harmed in the repaste this time either.

Do you need help fixing it? It´s not that complicated to disassemble as you might think 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD87 said:

Do you need help fixing it? It´s not that complicated to disassemble as you might think 

If it was in video format then it would be perfect as i don't know what screws need to be removed or what flex cable etc. I know the keyboard needs to be removed and heatsink assembly etc but that's it basically it, so any help would do me grand.

Then once i have finished porting my new router to openwrt (Which is causing me to only have 2 hours sleep as i simply can't stop working on it till its finished), i will then pluck the guts to try again.

Spoiler

On 5/4/2022 at 1:03 PM, solidus1983 said:

If it was in video format then it would be perfect as i don't know what screws need to be removed or what flex cable etc. I know the keyboard needs to be removed and heatsink assembly etc but that's it basically it, so any help would do me grand.

Then once i have finished porting my new router to openwrt (Which is causing me to only have 2 hours sleep as i simply can't stop working on it till its finished), i will then pluck the guts to try again.

Where do you live? If time Shift to germany is not that bad i can guide you through via videocall while doing the same on the machine i bought from@Sydneyblue so i can react on questions or problems 

• Thumb Up 1

4 hours ago, MD87 said:

Where do you live? If time Shift to germany is not that bad i can guide you through via videocall while doing the same on the machine i bought from@Sydneyblue so i can react on questions or problems 

Your plus 1 hour to me bud if your in germany.

I only need to know which screws need to be removed, the removal of flex cables are easy to understand its the screws that holds the midframe to the top deck i am unsure of.

Will make a Video channel on my Talk server and DM you the link when your ready with its password as i don't use Zoom or Discord.

Spoiler

@MD87 Right I have managed it the subwoofer cable wasn't connected but was crushed a bit by main board. I have now corrected this and had the balls to just go ham. Doing the thermal paste clean up then going to see if it boots after.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, wilpang said:

@solidus1983do you take the screws out in number order or reverse order?

Well Good news, system is now back together, no screws left over and the BASS is banging now uninstall and reinstall the soundcard driver and it should be blooming golden.

Man i am so happy.

To answer your question @wilpang due to how i map the screws they was in order of group then saved to memory as such.

So first back cover and LED stripe, then CPU/GPU screws then the M.2 screws etc. I then was able to reverse this easier then when it came to reassembling the Device.

Spoiler

18 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

Well Good news, system is now back together, no screws left over and the BASS is banging now uninstall and reinstall the soundcard driver and it should be blooming golden.

Man i am so happy.

To answer your question @wilpang due to how i map the screws they was in order of group then saved to memory as such.

So first back cover and LED stripe, then CPU/GPU screws then the M.2 screws etc. I then was able to reverse this easier then when it came to reassembling the Device.

Congrats 🙂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MD87 said:

Congrats 🙂

How is operation, "Fix the X170KM-G" coming along?

• Thumb Up 1

3 hours ago, electrosoft said:

How is operation, "Fix the X170KM-G" coming along?

Yeah i am wondering this too. Hopefully its going well.

• Thumb Up 1

Spoiler

I just wanting to give a update after not having a PC for a month 

On 5/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, solidus1983 said:

Yeah i am wondering this too. Hopefully its going well.

I hope it is going well also 

I just built a new machine with my son for a third of what i payed for the Clevo and got a ok result bone stock 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/75150401?

like 200 points less then a over clocked 3080 mobile 

The project just started. It´s delayed because my other project with a Corsair 1000d, Asus Extreme Glacial and 12900KS wasn´t finished.

First impression: This thing runs hot as hell. I did the first Benchmarks to get the stock performance. 

Then I took a closer look and opened it:

The case was broken on the back. Some screws were missing and most of the screws were not screwed in tight. I was able to screw out the cpu and gpu screws with my fingers. There wasn´t really much pressure on the heatsink.

First photos:

image.thumb.jpeg.bc6045011b2c10a135ca2e15f2d7344d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48c4aff8996bb708ed5a2f853a80c370.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6f52e2b000da53621060b2d3dd334e32.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.40a8d4eeff4ef731ffce5bff54fa3a9b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c8f0f69199540d54175ce9568558a1f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.26fa73f87bf8a6d6d2582573c8994f14.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f586a42d2e05eb1b99c272be3a36dd1a.jpeg

Next steps:

- Fix the socket

- Delid the CPU

- Fix the case

- Clean it

- Swap Keyboard

- Update BIOS and EC and unlock it

- Maybe modify the heatsink

• Thumb Up 4