NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread

electrosoft

41 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

Giving up the battle eh?

Make sure to describe any gaming problems or issues you've had too (black screens, etc...) because I can guarantee you if the buyer experiences any of that they will be returning it on your S&H dime. I know the unit has been somewhat problematic for you so being completely open and honest will prevent any open disputes and returns.

Make sure to take better pics too especially of the crack. If it shows up in worse shape than pictured, that will get you a potential return also.

Thanks for the heads up i didnt think of that. 

• Thumb Up 1

23 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Go into tit and on the bottom is voltage . I have a 10700k and have it at -110. I cant tell you what yours is going to be. Also you can lower the PL1 and PL2 which you will find under power. ALso you can lock you Clock speeds so it wont go over 4.7. 

All this can be down and more with throttle stop 

I did this and still get a temperature of 90+ also got a blue screen

1 hour ago, Dezmoond0 said:

I did this and still get a temperature of 90+ also got a blue screen

What games are you playing ? Are you FPS locked ? Go in throttle stop and turn off turbo see if that is better. 

Just as a note its normal for this machine to BSOD other users including myself have had BSOD and shut downs. 

I think someone mention Fireware 1.07.04 being unstable 

4 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Im still trying to figure out the weird stutter i have in certain games like BF V and Heaven bench mark were i we 5 or 6 spikes in the graph that are all consecative in MSI afterburner 

BFV turn off DXR should fix it as for heaven benchmark it will stutter as the load on the GPU goes up quickly.

• Thumb Up 1

{Main System:} The Beast

Spoiler

{Cooling:} Corsair H170i Elite

{Mainboard:} Asrock X670E Pro

{CPU/GPU:} AMD Ryzen R9 7900x3D / AMD RX 7900 XTX (Asrock Phantom)

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

{PSU/Case:} Corsair RM 1000x V2, Corsair 7000D Airflow (Black)

{OS:} Windows 11 Pro

Realtek Nahimic 3 Modded Driver for MSI Systems:Latest

5 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Thanks for the heads up i didnt think of that. 

4 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Im still trying to figure out the weird stutter i have in certain games like BF V and Heaven bench mark were i we 5 or 6 spikes in the graph that are all consecative in MSI afterburner 

If I had your system for fun, first thing I would is start swapping parts with my SM to verify each component. I would then take your 10700k and swap it into my desktop motherboard and get an idea of its quality and delid it and map out expected V/F curve and lock down rock solid UV. I'd end up swapping in the 3080 to my SM and then swap in the 2080 Super into the KM just to verify the motherboard is not an issue or culprit. I would also install XMG's newest BIOS and FW too. I have a couple of 10900k's I would be swapping in to test also to compare thermals and characteristics versus SM. I know you're wary, but I would also end up fixing the bent pin(s) too.

I've been in your situation where you've just had enough of the problems and you want to wash your hands of the whole thing and just get something different or build out a desktop.

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

16 minutes ago, electrosoft said:

If I had your system for fun, first thing I would is start swapping parts with my SM to verify each component. I would then take your 10700k and swap it into my desktop motherboard and get an idea of its quality and delid it and map out expected V/F curve and lock down rock solid UV. I'd end up swapping in the 3080 to my SM and then swap in the 2080 Super into the KM just to verify the motherboard is not an issue or culprit. I would also install XMG's newest BIOS and FW too. I have a couple of 10900k's I would be swapping in to test also to compare thermals and characteristics versus SM. I know you're wary, but I would also end up fixing the bent pin(s) too.

I've been in your situation where you've just had enough of the problems and you want to wash your hands of the whole thing and just get something different or build out a desktop.

In Fairness to it the last couple weeks its been working ok plus all systems are going to have little corks about it. I have not had a shut down or BSOd since updating to 1.07.07 and firmware 1.07.03. Its hard to tell because alot of PC games now adays have some kind of stutter because they are ported over from console. 

Part of me doesnt want to give up because the amount of investment i put into it and the time. Also honestly its hard to try and sell this thing because why would someone want to marry a nightware ? What i understand computing is not a destination but the journey LOL 

• Thumb Up 1

On 2/6/2022 at 2:36 PM, solidus1983 said:

The bios is flashed via UEFI shell. I will find the instructions and make you a zip file with all the files needed what ram configuration are you using 2 sticks or 4 sticks?

Sorry for delay in response didn't get a notification.

Update: I have made a USB.zip file with everything including instructions for flashing. Once i have backed up my file server i will upload it and then send link in DM.

I hope I am replying to this correctly. Would you be willing to DM me this link?

56 minutes ago, Sydneyblue said:

Are you able to play BFV ? DX 12 or 11 ? 

Last time I played BFV I had DX12 enabled but DXR off. I also put Framerender to on too and vsync on.

Spoiler

{RAM/Storage:} 2x 16GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance 6400MT/s , 13TB WDD SN850X 2x4TB, 2x 2TB, 1x 1TB

1 hour ago, schbley said:

I hope I am replying to this correctly. Would you be willing to DM me this link?

Which system you got? 

Does it have a Style note screen on boot (Clevo stock bios), or does it have another brand on it.

What is your current Firmware version?

I don't send files without spec info of which version you have. All it takes is to have a system with hardware modifications from the SI and you hit into issues.

Edit: Check DM's i have sent the links, however please bare in mind what was in that message as well as Myself nor NotebookTalk are responsible for any damages incurred by using the files in question.

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, solidus1983 said:

Last time I played BFV I had DX12 enabled but DXR off. I also put Framerender to on too and vsync on.

BFV on DX12 stuttered like crazy no matter what system i used. Everytime i play on DX11 i get 5 or 6 spikes in the graph that are equally spaced out 

Well i have my laptop back, boy didn't they do an epic job on it too.

So happy not to be using a console any more.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Spoiler

On 3/23/2022 at 12:48 AM, Sydneyblue said:

In Fairness to it the last couple weeks its been working ok plus all systems are going to have little corks about it. I have not had a shut down or BSOd since updating to 1.07.07 and firmware 1.07.03. Its hard to tell because alot of PC games now adays have some kind of stutter because they are ported over from console. 

Part of me doesnt want to give up because the amount of investment i put into it and the time. Also honestly its hard to try and sell this thing because why would someone want to marry a nightware ? What i understand computing is not a destination but the journey LOL 

lol. Just wanted to buy it. It‘s Not on Ebay anymore 😉

do you still want to sell it?

Who is up for a laugh. So as there is no one currently at home apart from me i decided i'd whack my laptop to speaker mode and play some hard bass music.

Guess what seems not to be plugged in, to make matters worse the connector for the SubWoofer is right near the trackpad area which can't be reached without full disasembly.

Left and Right Audio channels work fine, Sub isn't doing anything at all. Trust my luck. 

• Sad 1

Spoiler

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Clevo X170KM-G // BIOS Clevo 1.07.08 // EC 1.07.04
Intel Core i9-11900K with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
64GB (2x32GB) Patriot 3200Mhz DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080 Laptop 16GB with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
17.3" UHD 4k 60Hz display (calibrated full AdobeRGB)
System Win11: 2TB Samsung Pro 980 NVMe SSD
System Win10: 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe SSD
Data: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
VMware: 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD

On 3/25/2022 at 8:40 PM, solidus1983 said:

Who is up for a laugh. So as there is no one currently at home apart from me i decided i'd whack my laptop to speaker mode and play some hard bass music.

Guess what seems not to be plugged in, to make matters worse the connector for the SubWoofer is right near the trackpad area which can't be reached without full disasembly.

Left and Right Audio channels work fine, Sub isn't doing anything at all. Trust my luck. 

I feel your frustration. That sucks man. At least your not the only one. hopefully there is going to be glory at the end of this nightware called x170 KM-G 

• Thumb Up 1

Just giving a update i have decided to man up and fix my machine rather then taking the cowards way lol J/K . I have not decided if im going to let HID fix it or im just going to get the board from then and do it myself. Obviously my Ego/ Confidence is a bit bruised fro my last failing but i do have skills when taking things apart as i completly disasembled my MSI GT TITAN for a board flip and worked for 3 years on. I mightb e a good project plus can Document it. Who knows maybe all my issues where down to this board being bad in the first place. 

Edited by Sydneyblue
typo
  • Thumb Up 3

19 hours ago, Sydneyblue said:

Just giving a update i have decided to man up and fix my machine rather then taking the cowards way lol J/K . I have not decided if im going to let HID fix it or im just going to get the board from then and do it myself. Obviously my Ego/ Confidence is a bit bruised fro my last failing but i dont have skills when taking things apart as i completly disasembled my MSI GT TITAN for a board flip and worked for 3 years on. I mightb e a good project plus can Document it. Who knows maybe all my issues where down to this board being bad in the first place. 

Nice one mate, Yeah i can reconnect my Sub-Woofer, taken my GT72 down to the last screw without a manual however as i have 3 years warrenty and i bruised my confinance after the pin incident i might just leave it for now untill i get PCS to fit the new 165hz screen into the system. Then they can be both done at the same time.

• Bump 1

Spoiler

Hey, 

I have a problem, My laptop shuts off while I play certain games and doesn't turn back on until I reset my bios (take out the bios battery) what do you think, should I install a new bios 1.08 from XMG ? 

now I have 1.07 installed from hid
  • Thumb Up 2

47 minutes ago, Dezmoond0 said:

Hey, 

I have a problem, My laptop shuts off while I play certain games and doesn't turn back on until I reset my bios (take out the bios battery) what do you think, should I install a new bios 1.08 from XMG ? 

What EC firmware is installed? If its 1.07.04 go back to 1.07.03 should sort the issue.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Dezmoond0 said:

Hey, 

Thats happen to me before would just shut down during a game and i had to remove the battery to get it to work. There is no new bios 1.08 that i know of. 

This thing is a piece of hot garbage in my opinion there i said it. This is most the most untable machine i have every had with the worst transparentsy with whats going with bios notes and such. HID knows less about this machine then we do. 

In my opinion It doesnt matter what Fireware your on this things is going to fail. Any day now its going to lose support from Clevo and Prema isnt coming like it was promised 

• Thumb Up 1

• electrosoft changed the title to Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread