NotebookTalk

All about Windows 11 news and announcements

Papusan

On 7/14/2022 at 4:42 PM, Aaron44126 said:

More chatter about "Windows 12" dropping in 2024, restarting the three-year cycle between major Windows releases.

This won't make Windows as OS any better. And a new OS just means a third OS coming filled with bugs. And updates will be equal buggy as today. Brand it Win 12 is more like putty new lipstick on a pig. Nothing good comes from Microsoft anymore. 

KB5015814 update is causing Start menu problems and 0x8007007e errors in Windows 11

Windows 11 laptop

The release of the KB5015814 update for Windows 11 earlier this week was supposed to fix problems with PowerShell as well as addressing security issues. But as has become disturbingly common, there have also been unwanted side effects for those who jumped on the update and installed it as soon as it was offered up.

Some users are experiencing problems with the Start menu, with complaints indicating that the menu is being interrupted by an app opening and closing. There are also complaints about errors appearing after a failed installation of the KB5015814 update -- specifically error codes 0x8000ffff, 0x8007007e and 0x80073701.

• Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

@Papusan @Mr. Fox

This has to be a joke.

Windows 12 could be coming in 2024 as Microsoft shakes things up

Starting with Windows 11 version 22H2 (Sun Valley 2), Microsoft is kicking off a new “Moments” engineering effort which is designed to allow the company to rollout new features and experiences at key points throughout the year, outside of major OS releases. I hear the company intends to ship new features to the in-market version of Windows every few months, up to four times a year, starting in 2023.

This dumpster fire of an OS is so buggy on multiple levels, we keep on seeing the insanely long BS changelogs of mess the company pukes out. Esp remember how they were spouting that Windows SAC releases is for better, and guess what ? Since the debut of Windows 10 1511 to Windows 10 21H2 that update policy ruined the OS completely. Also RTM is complete dog feces level now. While Vista, XP, 7 and heck even 8.1 never had such instability problem this is for all versions.

Now with this dumbest pile of trash move with 3 year cycle, the OS will be a clusterf***. Honestly look at Android, Google started to copy iOS hard and it became worse and with yearly cadence the OS quality is also dropped and feature updates and most necessary changes gets gated behind the SoC chips and causes lack of updates / software quality issues  and the lock down of the OS increases ever after plus the mandatory SDK enforcement, lot of trouble.

Back to Windows, Enterprise users have to pay a ton to get their updates tested out for SAC, with Windows 11 release M$ finally realized how worse the system was and moved to 1 year update Annual Channel system. I thought they finally got some sense still Windows 11 RTM is utter BS, so many issues what not. Even CPU related issues esp with AMD processors and new Intel BigLittle processors. Do not even remind me Taskbar, Explorer, Win32shell massive downgrades on top of the utter junk UI which is mobile centric first. This is going to break a ton of computers without a question. Also sad part is so many fools will be ready to consoom this junk, look at Windows 11 so many people love that OS because it's latest trash.

Also such a big move means, Enterprise will definitely show middle finger, who wants to get this headache of useless junk bloat releases and unwanted trash updates ? Windows 7 got extended beyond XP !! It is now going to be 17 Year old OS that is on support while Windows 10 gets booted by 2025 permanently if this move happens. I hope LTSC stays on since 1809 is guaranteed to get 10 year cycle, maybe it will take the Mantle of Windows 7.

All in all games, software, even pirated stuff all of them will break with this garbage move. Longevity of software and the x86+Windows will be ruined completely. This is a very bad future if happens. I really am decided not to go with Windows 11 but now definitely nope. Also what about LTSC ? Will there even be an LTSC since 3 Year EOL policy with a major damn OS not 10 years. That's a 70% reduction of life of an OS.

I really think this news is PURE BULL FECES. It's truly unimaginable in the era of low trust society that America has become from 20s to 60s to 90s to now. Horrible, this has to be the lowest IQ of human decisions, yes this is a big deal because Windows enables computers on this planet.

This isn’t exactly new. Microsoft said in February that it was exploring new ways of rolling out new features for Windows on its own arbitrary schedule. Microsoft said it would do so through the use of “experience packs,” bits of code that would basically just show up in Windows Update. These new features will simply appear. Microsoft has also put various Windows applications on their own release schedule, freshening them up with the Windows 11 look and feel or adding new functionality.

• Like 3

Helios (WIP)

i9 10900K // Trident Z Royal C16 4000MHz B-Die 32GB // ASUS Maximus XIII APEX // Noctua DH15 Chromax // RTX3090Ti FE // Alienware 360Hz G-Sync Ultimate IPS FHD // Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Titanium // Fractal Meshify 2XL

Ethereal Ranger

Alienware 17 R1 // i7 4710MQ // 16GB DDR3L 2133MHz // 980M 860M loaner // Windows 8.1

58 minutes ago, Ashtrix said:

Now with this dumbest pile of trash move with 3 year cycle, the OS will be a clusterf***.

All in all games, software, even pirated stuff all of them will break with this garbage move. Longevity of software and the x86+Windows will be ruined completely. This is a very bad future if happens

With the new move from Microsoft regarding Hardware requirements for the Win 11 disaster I think Microsoft now will use the 3 year cycle for each new OS to kick out more processors from next Win versions. A very nice way to help themself (they create own turdbooks) and it's partners to force new HW upgrades down our necks. They couldn't do that so easy with Win 10 who will run almost 10 years since release in 2015. I'm sure their HW partners also have a finger into this. Run Win as a services ain't profitable enough for them or their partners. Hence this new move. Yep, from worse to even more worse. And the small feature updates forwards within the 3 year cycle will come when you didn't expect it. A ticking bomb for those that update regularly without seeing what they'll get..

• Like 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Some will never learn @Ashtrix @Ashtrix I think over 90% of the people out there think newer always has to be better. 

Windows 11 almost ruined my laptop. These fixes (sort of) helped pcworld.com

Things were still better with Windows 10, though

Since upgrading to Windows 11, my laptop just hasn’t been the same. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

The beauty is in the details😀

image.jpeg.c189bbcdb7316e944a5a51056ff2ea42.jpeg

If you feel like you're serving as a tech guinea pig for the rest of us, running with Windows 11 as your daily OS driver, well, good on you. The officially-released OS does come with a few nice renovations, like the mostly-unified Settings applet, DirectStorage support, and under-the-hood improvements for Intel's.........

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek
  • Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Papusan said:

Some will never learn @Ashtrix @Ashtrix I think over 90% of the people out there think newer always has to be better. 

to be honest , before the release of windows 11 i was pretty optimistic that microsoft might come with something diffrent this time , once it was released i intentionally didn't watch any review for it because i wanted to give it a fair openion without any inflowinces so i installed it on last october for a few days , found out that i cant drag things to the taskbar , i cant see whats inside the folders so i just replaced it with win10 and didnt bother ,, then back in june i saw a video for the win11 insider virsion that the return thos options back so i thought OK they might finaly learn there lesson!!! so i upgraded to win11 and id that benchmark on R23 , got the results then installed win10 to compare and " wallah " i beleive you already saw the results on the thermal paste thread so since that day i decided no win11 anymore !

bad performance on 3ds max , bad benchmarks performance , and too many curvy adges ! however the laptop battery life is better on windows11 then win10

win11 reminds me with win8 ! its kind of the opposite of the latest virsion they had before that release , it  sounds like an experement that wont last long . 

• Thumb Up 3

Alienware M18X R1, i7 2960XM @ 4.4Ghz, Nvidia GTX 880M SLI , 32GB RAM , samsung 840pro + samsung 860evo ( THE BEST I EVER HAVE)

Alienware Area-51M R1, i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080, 64GB RAM, samsung 980 Pro( LOVELY MACHINE WITH BAD BIOS )

Alienware 18 , I7 4930MX @ 4.2Ghz , GTX 980M SLI, 32GB RAM ( MAY REST IN PEACE)   (CAME BACK TO LIFE) 

On 7/20/2022 at 12:37 PM, Papusan said:

Wow, never heard of that 'Modern Standby' crap before. Is that on by default in Windows 10?? Scary to think of how much power is being wasted across the globe with that one.

At the same time, who leaves their laptop in standby for days at a time?? If I'm going to be away from it for more than an hour or so I'll just go with hibernate, and always shutdown overnight. The difference in start up vs. wake up time even with opening all programs again is barely a few seconds. And you still end up in all cases stuck waiting for the internet to reconnect which Windows has always been stupidly slow with.

Also, looks like it is possible to get OpenShell working ok with WIndows 11:
https://gitq.com/passionate-coder/Classic-Start/topics/19/open-shell-vs-windows-11
https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/windows-11-replace-start-menu
https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher

• Thumb Up 1

13 hours ago, i.bakar said:

to be honest , before the release of windows 11 i was pretty optimistic that microsoft might come with something diffrent this time , once it was released i intentionally didn't watch any review for it because i wanted to give it a fair openion without any inflowinces so i installed it on last october for a few days , found out that i cant drag things to the taskbar , i cant see whats inside the folders so i just replaced it with win10 and didnt bother ,, then back in june i saw a video for the win11 insider virsion that the return thos options back so i thought OK they might finaly learn there lesson!!! so i upgraded to win11 and id that benchmark on R23 , got the results then installed win10 to compare and " wallah " i beleive you already saw the results on the thermal paste thread so since that day i decided no win11 anymore !

bad performance on 3ds max , bad benchmarks performance , and too many curvy adges ! however the laptop battery life is better on windows11 then win10

win11 reminds me with win8 ! its kind of the opposite of the latest virsion they had before that release , it  sounds like an experement that wont last long . 

MS stays true to its crappy/acceptable cycle 😂

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

so as you can see, were exactly according to plan, in the middle of a crappy os cycle! 🤪

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

9 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

so as you can see, were exactly according to plan, in the middle of a crappy os cycle! 🤪

hehehe i guess the next one will be win20 then  😄

• Thumb Up 2

Alienware M18X R1, i7 2960XM @ 4.4Ghz, Nvidia GTX 880M SLI , 32GB RAM , samsung 840pro + samsung 860evo ( THE BEST I EVER HAVE)

Alienware Area-51M R1, i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz, Nvidia RTX 2080, 64GB RAM, samsung 980 Pro( LOVELY MACHINE WITH BAD BIOS )

Alienware 18 , I7 4930MX @ 4.2Ghz , GTX 980M SLI, 32GB RAM ( MAY REST IN PEACE)   (CAME BACK TO LIFE) 

19 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

Acceptable doesn't mean a anything if the new is worse than the old 🙂 New doesn't always mean better. Acceptable is watered down word. Can mean trash if you know what I mean. Windows as OS going the wrong way!

Edited by Reciever
Inappropriate language
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Papusan said:

Acceptable doesn't mean a anything if the new is worse than the old 🙂 New doesn't always mean better. Acceptable is watered down word. Can mean trash if you know what I mean. Windows as OS going the wrong way!

of course bro papu, i chose "acceptable" as the description of choice because "good" or "awesome" wouldve been way too positive a connotation 😂

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 7/26/2022 at 10:43 PM, jaybee83 said:

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

what if this is all planned? Easy strat to retain customers:

People upgrade to a crappy OS because they are happy of their acceptable OS and have faith in the update to a probably newer and better version.

After being stuck with the crappy OS, people are happy to upgrade to a newer version since it'll most likely be better and the cycle begins again.

I've not tried win11 yet, but I don't think I will until I'm not forced to.

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2022 at 9:43 PM, jaybee83 said:

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

I agree with the first few. 95 was a bit painful, but hard to say what the comparison should be here. Loved 98. XP was fine once you got over the slightly silly design style, and 2000 was the best for a long time (I think it might have had the best Explorer copying menu options of any Windows version ever??). And ME is that which should not be mentioned.

But, personally I thought Vista was grand once it got to SP2 (though I remember sharing folders between XP and Vista being a PITA). 7 was stable enough I guess, but just too slow, and the first to start down the path of grouping windows by default which I hate. 8.1 is so much better once you've spent a few minutes fixing the UI (and not that much more than was required on 7 really), and it's been all downhill from there. I still struggle to understand what people like so much about 10? DX12??

Windows XP vs Vista vs 7 vs 8.1 vs 10 | Speed Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2Vqe6G_AQ

(I have seen that in many artificial benchmarks you get a much more even split of results between 8.1 and 10 than the more real world tests shown here).

• Thumb Up 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, jaybee83 said:

win95 - crappy

win98 - acceptable

winME - crappy

XP/2000 - acceptable

Vista - crappy

win7 - acceptable

win8/8.1 - crappy

win10 - acceptable

win11 - crappy

With Windows 12 coming out sometime in 2024 it'll finally break the cycle 😄

https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-12/

Microsoft is no longer the same company they used to be.

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

7 minutes ago, KING19 said:

With Windows 12 coming out sometime in 2024 it'll finally break the cycle 😄

https://www.xda-developers.com/windows-12/

Microsoft is no longer the same company they used to be.

what makes u say that? will we thus end up with two crappy OS versions in a row instead of alternations? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaybee83 said:

what makes u say that? will we thus end up with two crappy OS versions in a row instead of alternations? 😂

That's what i meant. Having two crappy versions in a row 😄

• Haha 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

22 hours ago, Ishatix said:

I agree with the first few. 95 was a bit painful, but hard to say what the comparison should be here. Loved 98. XP was fine once you got over the slightly silly design style, and 2000 was the best for a long time (I think it might have had the best Explorer copying menu options of any Windows version ever??). And ME is that which should not be mentioned.

But, personally I thought Vista was grand once it got to SP2 (though I remember sharing folders between XP and Vista being a PITA). 7 was stable enough I guess, but just too slow, and the first to start down the path of grouping windows by default which I hate. 8.1 is so much better once you've spent a few minutes fixing the UI (and not that much more than was required on 7 really), and it's been all downhill from there. I still struggle to understand what people like so much about 10? DX12??

Windows XP vs Vista vs 7 vs 8.1 vs 10 | Speed Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2Vqe6G_AQ

(I have seen that in many artificial benchmarks you get a much more even split of results between 8.1 and 10 than the more real world tests shown here).

well this guy did a part 2 test 

and in terms of performance this shatter every aspect that we always talked about !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, i.bakar said:

well this guy did a part 2 test 

and in terms of performance this shatter every aspect that we always talked about !!

well, naturally, drivers will stop being optimized for older os plus newer hardware wouldnt be supported anymore. i think the aspect we mostly despise is increased telemetry and junk running in the background / causing additional OS bloat without actually being actively utilized by the user.

• Thumb Up 2

11 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

well, naturally, drivers will stop being optimized for older os plus newer hardware wouldnt be supported anymore. i think the aspect we mostly despise is increased telemetry and junk running in the background / causing additional OS bloat without actually being actively utilized by the user.

if we are talking from a privacy perspective then i totaly agree with u , but from the normal user perspective , as long as these background (web helpers + apps ) does not effect performance then i dont see it taking much of there attension 

theoraticly speaking , yes drivers wont be optimized for an older operating system which will effect the performace ( of course ) but that is also the real life situation that u wont find drivers that is fully optimized for win XP for new hardware which will effect the performance in all cases 

• Thumb Up 1

The beauty with Windows 11. You never know what come in the update patches from Redmond. Sometimes it's adviced to update. At least if you was dumb enough to install previous patches, LOOL @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix Not everyday you should jump on previeew Updates guinea Pig updates from Microsoft.

Microsoft has warned today that Windows devices with the newest supported processors are susceptible to "data damage" on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022.

You'll need to install June 23 preview update (Windows 11, Windows Server 2022) or the July 12 security update (Windows 11, Windows Server 2022) for their OS version as a workaround. 

Windows devices with newest CPUs are susceptible to data damage

Microsoft has warned today that Windows devices with the newest supported processors are susceptible to "data damage" on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022.

And newer has to be better. Always. Sure. But where is the huge performance uplift over older OS and the increased quality? Down the drain at Redmond HQ? 🙃

Windows 11 is all about quality, says Panos Panay

How Microsoft is making Windows 11 run faster than Windows 10

Windows 11 will be the first version of Windows developed under the leadership of Panos Panay. Maybe the man need some help?

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

interesting video didnt finish it but I got the point windows 10 is faster than 11

I have startisback and it looks good and is easy to navigate....I really couldn't care less about windows 7/10/11

if I can surf the web/watch pron/play games/tweak visuals of windows im happy. what exactly are you guys doing with your computers? like do you ask it to butter your toast, no response its garbage. just seems unrealistic to expect it to do anything other than what it was designed for. INFORMATION. its a computer not a wife

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 3/16/2022 at 5:30 AM, Katja said:

Looks like when I upgrade my PC in a couple of months I won't be touching Windows outside of an LTSC install purely for PSO2 (because GameGuard doesn't work under Linux). My eyes feel like they burn everytime Microsoft comes up with something that'll be "great", or otherwise, detrimental.

On the upside of that upgrade, I'll finally have the all AMD system I dreamed of a few years ago.

sorry to bring up an old post but figured you and @Reciever would like to know this if you dont already know, pso2 works on steam deck with proton-ge 29, which is the newest update as of 7th august. So with this pso2 should now in theory work under whatever flavour of linux you like as long as the necessary dependencies are installed. Just found out this info today lol

• Thumb Up 1

Alienware M18X R2 | Nebula Red | i7 3740QM [OC'd to 4Ghz] | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA Quadro P4000 | 75hz OC'd Display |

MXM to NVMe Adapter with Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB

Alienware 17 R4 | i7 6700HQ | 16GB RAM | GTX 1070 | 100hz OC'd LG 1080p Display

Alienware M18X R1 | Space Black | i7 2960XM | 16GB RAM | GTX 780M

19 hours ago, ryan said:

If I can surf the web/watch pron/play games/tweak visuals of windows im happy. what exactly are you guys doing with your computers? like do you ask it to butter your toast, no response its garbage. just seems unrealistic to expect it to do anything other than what it was designed for. INFORMATION. its a computer not a wife

ure contradicting urself there bud 😋😂