NotebookTalk

All about Windows 11 news and announcements

Papusan

You would have thought this is some sort of free OS put together by a bunch of beginners. No, it's just a monopolistic product managed by someone who doesn't necessarily care about making an excellent quality product, but rather is pursuing this open beta test model introduced to save money on in-house testing. People are still justifiably reluctant to install feature updates. 

I mean I'm experiencing the issue below (not triggered by any game) a year on. I'm not sure where they are on market share, but seems like they don't worry about giving people reasons to avoid Windows. 

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

42 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Microsoft just can't stop improve their latest and greatest. 

Windows 11 Task Manager is preventing the Safely Remove Hardware feature

The latest version of Windows 11 has a bug that may prevent the safe removal of hardware from the device.

Users of Windows 11 who activate the operating system's Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media feature from the system tray, to remove USB devices and other devices connected to the system safely, may notice that this is no longer possible if the Task Manager application is open.

Windows 11 displays the message "Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device", stating that the device can't be stopped by the operating system because of another program that is still using it. That program, at least in this case, is the operating system's Task Manager.

problem-ejecting-usb.webp

@Reciever any plans to get a facepalm reaction smiley? i think that would be helpful in such situations! 😄 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

O&O ShutUp10++ 1.9.1434 Released: Oct 25, 2022

1.9.1434 – released October 25, 2022

• FIX: Fixed Microsoft Edge settings permissions detection on some systems
  • Available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese (simplified)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New has to be better.........

2021-10-22_031722.png.8d784b6d1d3fa12afd3feed91954f418.png

Microsoft fixes Windows vulnerable driver blocklist sync issue bleepingcomputer.com

Disabling the driver blocklist
Microsoft also says that starting with the Windows 11 2022 update (version 22H2), the blocklist is enabled by default on all devices.

"Blocking drivers can cause devices or software to malfunction. In rare cases, it leads to a stop error," Microsoft warned on Tuesday. "There is no guarantee that the blocklist will block every driver that has weaknesses."

For Windows 10 and Windows 11 21H2, you can disable the driver blocklist by turning off 'Memory Integrity' in the 'Core Isolation' settings, or if using Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC), disabling it in your configuration.

However, as the driver blocklist is enabled by default in Windows 11 22H2, even when Memory Integrity is disabled, it's unclear how to disable the blocklist in the latest version of the operating system.

• Thumb Up 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900K | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

On 10/23/2022 at 12:59 PM, Etern4l said:

You would have thought this is some sort of free OS put together by a bunch of beginners. No, it's just a monopolistic product managed by someone who doesn't necessarily care about making an excellent quality product, but rather is pursuing this open beta test model introduced to save money on in-house testing. People are still justifiably reluctant to install feature updates. 

I mean I'm experiencing the issue below (not triggered by any game) a year on. I'm not sure where they are on market share, but seems like they don't worry about giving people reasons to avoid Windows. 

It is pretty fascinating how Microsoft can make a decent OS with LTSC and then fail completely in the "consumer space". It's like it's way too much features for them to manage properly in Windows 11 and it feels like they are changing things for the sake of change (another postmodern issue since there are a lot of things that work perfectly fine as is and does what it says on the tin).

Still, Windows 11 feels like a wonder compared to another operating system that really trigger me: Android. I read about their new "darling" Android 13 Go Edition. The operating system that is a dysfunctional toy in 2022 in its "full" version, i.e. far less features, way more artificial restrictions paired with higher hardware requirements than Lollipop and it does receive a "stripped down" (even more dysfunctional) sibling called "Go Edition" that's a pathetic piece of trash running on hardware that would have been able to run LP not to say KitKat without any problems, with full feature set.

When I see this load of trash that Google releases without shame I think I would give Microsoft a little bit of "leeway" by saying that Windows 11 is like a polished diamond, albeit with some flaws in comparison. 

I had an experience with Android 12 recently and it really made me love Windows 11. 

Edit: Regarding the file copy bug... It's certainly a nasty issue but is like perfection compared to an innovative little feature Google created: "Scoped Storage". We are now talking atrocious performance for file operations... Buying fast memory cards for devices with this nice little innovation is really a waste of money. 

Sometimes, it is necessary to point out that even with the worst of the worst Windows 11 flaws, there's another operating system out there that should receive the most bashing of all: Android.

Microsoft did a lot of dumb decisions regarding Windows post-7 when Windows 8 came out but they didn't degrade the system to anywhere near the level Google reached with Android 9 Pie and then further degraded on. 

I will become a Windows basher the day Microsoft manage to make a version that offer horrible disk performance and file management "because it is too complicated and confusing for people to use more than one storage device".

• Like 2

Nvidia has acknowledged the false reading issue that is currently affecting its graphics cards. The company has provided a temporary workaround for the problem with its latest 526.47 display driver.......

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900K | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft try out new features to make Win 11 to a better experience for next main upgrade. Do you want new features like this also added in Win 10 or Win 10 LTSC? @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix maybe it's about time jump on the latest and greatest from Redmond? People ask for more features... And Microsoft will offer it in loads.

Windows 11 Start menu ads

Microsoft is bringing more ads to Windows 11

Mayank Parmar - November 8, 2022
Windows 11 could get more advertisements and popups, according to new features spotted in the preview builds. While the new ads that we're seeing are currently in testing for the operation system, it’s likely that the ads will eventually start appearing on the production builds.
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Microsoft try out new features to make Win 11 to a better experience for next main upgrade. Do you want new features like this also added in Win 10 or Win 10 LTSC? @Mr. Fox @Ashtrix maybe it's about time jump on the latest and greatest from Redmond? People ask for more features... And Microsoft will offer it in loads.

Windows 11 could get more advertisements and popups, according to new features spotted in the preview builds. While the new ads that we're seeing are currently in testing for the operation system, it’s likely that the ads will eventually start appearing on the production builds.

So, now we will need Adguard to protect us from Windows itself? LoL... apparently telemetry and identity theft wasn't enough to keep them fat and sassy.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Anyone else feeling the renewed sense of Windows' role in the world?

ZeyBsL3.png

• Haha 6

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

3 hours ago, Papusan said:

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

So, now we will need Adguard to protect us from Windows itself? LoL... apparently telemetry and identity theft wasn't enough to keep them fat and sassy.

image.jpeg.8b655a8eca5d61866a0738db3c6f6708.jpeg

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

Anyone else feeling the renewed sense of Windows' role in the world?

I think what Mr. Nutella was actually saying is:

"Windows has always stood for sovereignty for creators and agency for consumers, and with Windows 11 we have a renewed sense of Windows' role in the world as supreme dictator."

But yeah... I "felt it" LOL. Kind of like this...

• Haha 5

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, Mr. Fox said:

People are happy to pay $1500+ for Android devices filled with ads and bloatware so perhaps Microsoft did learn from them. We are also talking about the "legion army" of users defending Google/OEMs/Carriers in this department.

A Windows full of ads is the dream of smartphone users of 2022...

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, GeekBear80 said:

People are happy to pay $1500+ for Android devices filled with ads and bloatware so perhaps Microsoft did learn from them. We are also talking about the "legion army" of users defending Google/OEMs/Carriers in this department.

A Windows full of ads is the dream of smartphone users of 2022...

$1500 for an Android device is more on the extreme end.  Sounds more like Apple pricing target, although these days there is indeed little difference. Bear in mind, that while your smartphone use is minimal, for many (if not most) people the device has become a daily driver and a main camera, and a fashion item, hence the pricing. 

To be fair, I doubt anyone stable particularly likes ads, and an Android device doesn't really display them other than in the browser and YouTube (both are  platform independent). It's just that most people see no choice but to hand over their privacy in exchange for access to what they find to be essential services.... 

• Thumb Up 2

-- Max Tegmark

As long as I can deprive them of the ability to extract the funds they crave, while simultaneously eliminating the opportunity for me to be burdened or inconvenienced by their filth and exempting myself from being part of their process, I am fine with the lowest common denominators being tolerant of the stupidity. As they say, "Birds of a feather..." But, it is very true that we should not underestimate the power of stupid people that ban together to advance a stupid cause. It is scary how much power they have over people who are not stupid, but seriously outnumbered. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

$1500 for an Android device is more on the extreme end.  Sounds more like Apple pricing target, although these days there is indeed little difference. Bear in mind, that while your smartphone use is minimal, for many (if not most) people the device has become a daily driver and a main camera, and a fashion item, hence the pricing. 

To be fair, I doubt anyone stable particularly likes ads, and an Android device doesn't really display them other than in the browser and YouTube (both are  platform independent). It's just that most people see no choice but to hand over their privacy in exchange for access to what they find to be essential services.... 

Cost of Goods Sold $363, retail $1500... Samsung is a brand in this particular department.

I am not into fashion or fashion items and for cameras I really prefer a standalone one even if I use a smartphone camera sometimes. The pricing has nothing to do with technology or features but have more "sinister" motives (ignorance is a key driver here) so I am so happy to let the kids play with their "fashion items" as long as they don't ask me to help them out. My annoyance goes way up when people want assistance with their smartphone issues (issues that tend to be related to dumb downs). The "fashion item" design also cause my eyes to bleed out since I find 2022 smartphones to be downright ugly. 

The ads I have seen in different apps and in social media apps including YouTube. Intrusive ads on a $1500+ device.

I gave the "best device" Samsung Galaxy S 22 Ultra a shot a few months ago. It drove me insane and I wouldn't ever consider something like that and if that's the "best" smartphone of 2022, I am happy to stay away from the product category in general. 

So I just can't stand the design, the system, the users (those users who defend the low standards), the anti-root community (i.e. those users who actively argue against root), SafetyNet/Play Integrity, hardware in general (atrocious), features or all those "best camera" arguments. There's just nothing I like about 2022 smartphones and I don't see anything about them that would make me positive; my negative feelings just grow bigger every time I see them in action or being asked about them. One of my biggest annoyances is people asking me if "device X" of 2022 is any good. My reply is always: "No" followed by "It is trash like any other 2022 smartphone".

Edit: What really offend me is smartphones with 16GB RAM and 1TB of storage when they are running a totally dysfunctional, dumbed down operating system and all they can run is "apps". It is really like "hardware for kids who brag about specifications".

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, GeekBear80 said:

The ads I have seen in different apps and in social media apps including YouTube. Intrusive ads on a $1500+ device.

While I generally agree with the sentiment, I would point out that you would see the same ads on a $10k and $10 TVs. The solution in the case of a smartphone is to avoid YT or pay for their ad-free service. Again, if the stipulation is that a notional $1500 Android device should include ad-free YT, I agree in principle, knowing full well it's not realistic as YT has essentially no competition  - a corollary from which is that their main competitor Apple wouldn't be able to offer ad-free YT (or equivalent) either.

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

I am an advocate and supporter of companies that make products (generally software) that block or defeat the ability to receive financial support from advertisements and data collection. I honestly don't care if they (Google, Facepoot, Twatter, Micro$lop, crApple, etc.) go broke and shutter their operations. Good riddance. Life would be better without their trashy misinformation, trashy products, trashy agenda and trashy people. Please God, let that happen... dust in the wind. It's all gonna burn, but hopefully sooner than later.

I often help friends and relatives with problems that are a direct result of their idiocy or failure to follow instructions. In part out of love for them, in other part out of pity. The exception is when they expect it. There are usually strings attached to the assistance, meaning they need to pull their head out. Help is limited to those who are victims of their own ignorance. None is offered when the underlying behavior was deliberate. Too bad. So sad. Not your dad.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Etern4l said:

While I generally agree with the sentiment, I would point out that you would see the same ads on a $10k and $10 TVs. The solution in the case of a smartphone is to avoid YT or pay for their ad-free service. Again, if the stipulation is that a notional $1500 Android device should include ad-free YT, I agree in principle, knowing full well it's not realistic as YT has essentially no competition  - a corollary from which is that their main competitor Apple wouldn't be able to offer ad-free YT (or equivalent) either.

I am not totally against ads but when a device is $1500+ (even $1000+ is too much for Android 12/13/iOS) and is seriously locked down feature wise and it send out a lot of ads while the hardware inside is a $363 Cost of Goods Sold affair, it surely is a problem. 

If that device did run a proper operating system, had the ability to dock to desktop and could run such applications - i.e. being a more evolved version of what Nokia did in 2009 with the N900 (Maemo was essentially full Debian Linux) and had proper hardware including user-replaceable battery and expandable storage et al, I wouldn't mind a $1500 price tag since such a product could be a full-blown computer.

I do mind those price tags, however, when we are talking about 2022 smartphones, which are dumbed down terminals, almost feature phone like (Scoped Storage et al does remind me of old Java phones) and the users defending their dumb devices with insane prices (far above what they are worth from a technical standpoint since the hardware inside is pretty much atrocious and those parts that are OK in a technological sense doesn't matter since they are obliterated by the shitty software - it doesn't matter with a fast CPU and 16GB RAM when we are talking toys).

The only time I accept to pay more is when there is technological reason to do so and that's not what a 2022 smartphone or even a pair of Beats headphones can provide.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

I am an advocate and supporter of companies that make products (generally software) that block or defeat the ability to receive financial support from advertisements and data collection. I honestly don't care if they (Google, Facepoot, Twatter, Micro$lop, crApple, etc.) go broke and shutter their operations. Good riddance. Life would be better without their trashy misinformation, trashy products, trashy agenda and trashy people. Please God, let that happen... dust in the wind. It's all gonna burn, but hopefully sooner than later.

I often help friends and relatives with problems that are a direct result of their idiocy or failure to follow instructions. In part out of love for them, in other part out of pity. The exception is when they expect it. There are usually strings attached to the assistance, meaning they need to pull their head out. Help is limited to those who are victims of their own ignorance. None is offered when the underlying behavior was deliberate. Too bad. So sad. Not your dad.

I agree 100%. Eliminate those corporations once and for all and it would allow proper development to take place. I am also afraid that we must eliminate the mentality, which is a key driver behind their behavior (i.e. the "enablement" on the side of consumers who not only buy their products but also DEFEND their behavior) before things can move forward. 

My patience is completely up with people whose attitude is: "It shouldn't be necessary" followed by "to read/follow instructions" or "to learn". No help offered to people who use those arguments and have that mentality. 

What really get me going is people asking me for purchase recommendations; I tell them to buy X and avoid Y, they still buy Y and then assume I will help them out with their stupidity. Sorry, it ain't happening. You didn't follow my recommendations even if I explained why Y should be avoided so you are on your own here.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, GeekBear80 said:

What really get me going is people asking me for purchase recommendations; I tell them to buy X and avoid Y, they still buy Y and then assume I will help them out with their stupidity. Sorry, it ain't happening. You didn't follow my recommendations even if I explained why Y should be avoided so you are on your own here.

Word! I used to help them and lecture them, and use it as a basis to say, "See, I told you so." But, I don't usually help them anymore unless they come to me with, "I wish I would have listened to you. Please help me fix it so I can get rid of it." More often than not, I just tell them that I hope they learned a lesson and what they are asking me to fix is an example of why I told them to buy something else. I tell them they will need to pay someone a stupid amount of money to fix their mess because don't have time or the desire to fix it for them.

• Thumb Up 1

12 minutes ago, Reciever said:

@GeekBear80 please stop double posting so often.

BTW is it just me or is it very difficult not to using the standard interface if replying to posts across more than one page?

Adding a quote, responding and clicking next results in a loss of comment (or at least resulted for me at least once).

-- Max Tegmark

On 11/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, Papusan said:

Im curious what kind of hell Windows 12 will bring since this is the path they continue to follow and not learning from their mistakes

• Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

4 hours ago, GeekBear80 said:

I am not totally against ads but when a device is $1500+ (even $1000+ is too much for Android 12/13/iOS) and is seriously locked down feature wise and it send out a lot of ads while the hardware inside is a $363 Cost of Goods Sold affair, it surely is a problem. 

Surely it's not reasonable to blame the OS (Android) or the hardware vendor (eg, Samsung) for ads being displayed in a browser, or in the YouTube App?  The OS is the platform that enables the browser, and the browser is the app that displays 'content'.  The ads are inserted into the content stream by a variety of entities (content provider, 3rd party ad brokers, YouTube, etc) but those ads are surely NOT coming from Android?   

You are railing against Android 12/13, but would you not see those very same ads if you fired up your old phone that still has Android 4, and displayed the same YouTube video on THAT phone? Or if you fired up a Windows 7 box and used it to display YouTube, or even a linux box?  

On 11/10/2022 at 12:03 AM, Steerpike said:

Surely it's not reasonable to blame the OS (Android) or the hardware vendor (eg, Samsung) for ads being displayed in a browser, or in the YouTube App?  The OS is the platform that enables the browser, and the browser is the app that displays 'content'.  The ads are inserted into the content stream by a variety of entities (content provider, 3rd party ad brokers, YouTube, etc) but those ads are surely NOT coming from Android?   

You are railing against Android 12/13, but would you not see those very same ads if you fired up your old phone that still has Android 4, and displayed the same YouTube video on THAT phone? Or if you fired up a Windows 7 box and used it to display YouTube, or even a linux box?  

im guessing its more about the specific combination of OS, apps and ad functionality that enables a toxic interplay of BS to getax profits, private data and control from the consumer 😅 and in that regard, all companies / OS types / products go towards the same crappy end goal...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

• Thumb Up 4
  • Haha 2
  • Hands 1

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

15 hours ago, Aaron44126 said:

hallelujah, gimme that fucking workaround update MS, dont have time for another fresh OS install 🙄

• Thumb Up 2