NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a lot of Cyberpunk 2077, with the introduction of RT Overdrive 😄. Maybe this time ill finish it

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

On 4/9/2023 at 3:03 PM, cucubits said:

How is it? I never played the first, never heard of the series actually. Is it a sort of space dogfighting arcade-like or has sim elements (compared to Star Citizen for example)? 

I'm thinking of playing through The Last of Us, now that it's finally out on PC. I did play it with PS Now a while ago but it was pretty low res and laggy... and I never got to finish it.

It's more arcade style combat than sim. Plays best with keyboard + mouse. Think something along the lines of Freelancer meets... Diablo. I'm really digging it, the first single player space action game that's been top shelf in quite some time. Still haven't sunk much time into it though.

• Thumb Up 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

dupe post, there was some issue with it responding to submitting it.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

4 hours ago, hfm said:

It's more arcade style combat than sim. Plays best with keyboard + mouse. Think something along the lines of Freelancer meets... Diablo. I'm really digging it, the first single player space action game that's been top shelf in quite some time. Still haven't sunk much time into it though.

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

Anyone going to check out the new jedi game? Fallen order was pretty good who knows if the new ones any good but I'm banking on it being a aaa release.

Quick question why do all new aaa games look like they are from 2009. Like literally 0 revolutionary games and every single one looks cartoony

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 4/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, ryan said:

Quick question why do all new aaa games look like they are from 2009. Like literally 0 revolutionary games and every single one looks cartoony

Sounds about right. Good AAA games which really bring innovation and a breath of fresh seem to be extremely rare nowadays. I was trying to think of some quick examples of recent games I liked a lot but apart from Dying Light 2, there aren't many others. And Dying Light 2 was also quite dumbed down compared to Dying Light 1... I guess players in these times are scared more easily and can't take games with higher difficulty... 

Oh and the cartoony looks, yeah, I despise that trend. I couldn't play Borderlands for example even if I were to be paid to do so...

• Thumb Up 1

Started playing Gloomhaven with a couple colleagues from work. We tried the tabletop version first, but the game is so big, and our boardgame gatherings so infrequent, that at current pace we'd probably finish it somewhere in 2030, if not later :D

So decided to give the digital version a go, which pretty much has the same feeling to it, with the upside being that you don't need to remember all the rules etc. lol

• Thumb Up 2

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

As much as I hate to admit this, I installed back Star Citizen. 

I really despise how CIG rolls and how they intentionally keep dragging the game in alpha by breaking things with their patches. I'm 100% sure they do this on purpose because they simply cannot deliver everything they promised and they know that if they "release" the game as it is, people will stop buying imaginary ships with real money.

Keep hope alive, throw in some random made up roadmaps and glorious future plans and people will happily throw their money at them, even for ships which only exist on paper and not in the game yet. It really is a recipe for success and makes CIG a lot of money. Fans get really mad at me when I keep bringing this up 🙂

Anyway, even with all that, when there aren't any other good games out there to keep me interested, I find myself jumping back. I honestly can't explain it. I think I'm more in love with what the game could be and not where it is now. Flying the ships is satisfying, there are some sort of missions which may or may not work, you can keep flying, loot places, mine, fight NPCs. I'd say the main drive is making ingame currency to buy other ships. For this it sort of helps that they do database wipes with their patches - another tactic to keep people interested. Before 3.18, I had made up a boatload of money, had almost any ship I wanted and then sort of lost interest... no real goal from that point. Now with a clean slate, I'm again drawn in to make it from the ground up.   

• Thumb Up 2

A game like star citizen interests me. But I just don't have the interest to play it without the funds to afford it

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

A game like star citizen interests me. But I just don't have the interest to play it without the funds to afford it

No need to pay a lot, in fact I always advice against it. Buy the cheapest starter package which is usually $45-ish. It's easy to grind up some ingame currency to buy fancier ships. 

It's in stages, the first 2 mil are the hardest and then you can afford a Prospector which you can use to mine which yields about 300-400k per hour.

• Thumb Up 1

ok maybe ill check it out then, doesn't seem half bad. I have like 300 AAA games and well a huge backlog. it seems as though games from 2007 look basically the same or slightly worse than games from 2023 thats 16 years of non advancement, is the world de evolving or is this life I live run by morons

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Another game destroyed by doing no optimization for PC...what a joke.

• Thumb Up 2

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

your right, the new jedi game does have performance issues. not good. only thing saving it is if you don't mind 40fps its a great game according to the reviews

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Well, not really working out with Star Citizen. Looks like 3.18.2 is a complete mess, server lag and a whole bunch of new bugs... I'll probably try a few more times but the expectations have been lowered, by a lot.

I should jump back to Days Gone. I've got pretty far in the story and as I always do, I just distracted myself and stopped playing. Can't explain why, I really did enjoy it.

Otherwise, not much else out there to pique my interest... going to look forward to System Shock Remake at the end of May and probably Diablo in June, but not sure about that one yet.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Star Citizen is basically a scam, no?

If you ask me, I 100% believe it is. They made a half playable alpha and kept it like that for 10 years now, they sell promises and keep hopes up with made up roadmaps and glorious future plans to keep people buying imaginary ships with real money. On the other hand, they can't seem to be competent enough to fix the simplest of bugs... 

There is still something to it... it drew me in, nice graphics, flying spaceships, landing on (empty) planets.

• Thumb Up 1

been playing grid autosport lately, seems to run well on integrated graphics I can do 4k medium and get around 40 fps

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Heard a friend talk about a game called Neon White. I looked into it and ended up purchasing it. 

Super fun game, I don't like the story at all though, it's quite gaudy. The best way to describe the gameplay is that it has a similar feel to a Surf map on Counter Strike. You're essentially running/floating around and must have precise movement and quick thinking in order to have a competitive compeletion time for the levels.

The music is also pretty good too. All of it has been created by Machine Girl and fits with the gameplay extremely well. If you look at the OST's comments on Youtube, you'll see a lot of, "I'm glad the new Machine Girl album came with game too!"

• Thumb Up 2

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

31 minutes ago, Tenoroon said:

Neon White

i'll check it out thanks brother

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous... not bad so far.

• Thumb Up 1

This weekend we can play again Diablo IV Open Beta, i will try a Necromancer and see how it fairs. You can get as reward a Mount i think if you level to 20 and kill in a party the World Boss Ashava.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1