NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

Got back into theHunter COW and the New England map, a mix of hirshfelden and layton lakes but feels more like hirschfelden, doesn't have as much changeable weather like PNW layton does. Kind of a cute father/son warden main story as the warden from Layton Lakes is the father of this warden, it's not as suspenseful as your typical intruder into the reserve story you get a few times in other maps more housekeeping and such but this one also has side missions which were absent for 6 or so maps.

• Thumb Up 1

Checked out the D4 beta this weekend for a couple hours. Looks just fine, I'll probably stop there and pick it back up when it's released.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

I actually don't game that often, but I have been playing some Minecraft (Java 1.16) with shaders recently. Setting up a server for my board, which I have no clue when it will be ready.

• Thumb Up 1

Precision M4800 - i7 4810MQ, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2200

Thinkpad T430 - i7 3630QM, 16GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 1080p display mod

Main PC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti

On 3/20/2023 at 3:10 AM, Reciever said:

Sons of the Forest 🙂

Man that game looks creepy :classic_unsure:

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

8 hours ago, Reciever said:

A little yeah, but I like the sandbox aspect of it. 🙂

Me too... the building mechanics are very cool. My dream is a tower/house somewhere in the forest... all the way to just above the tree-line. Still thinking about how to do this without cutting down all the trees right at the building area 🙂

25 minutes ago, cucubits said:

Me too... the building mechanics are very cool. My dream is a tower/house somewhere in the forest... all the way to just above the tree-line. Still thinking about how to do this without cutting down all the trees right at the building area 🙂

Zip lines alone make the game better from a logistics standpoint compared to the first. Immensely more efficient 

1 hour ago, Reciever said:

Zip lines alone make the game better from a logistics standpoint compared to the first. Immensely more efficient 

No no no, to get the zip gun thing I need to go into caves. I don't do caves. It's dark and scary in there :))

Tried the open beta of diablo IV, at the first glance I like it. Graphics and art direction are great, like blizzard used us to. Skill tree looks alright. Would love a better zoom level, I didn't see a slider to zoom out a little, right now is to cramped for me. But I don't know if I'll buy it. Don't have the time for so time eating games anymore. Last diablo that I finished was lord of destruction a long time ago. Diablo 3 I started it but didn't go far and abandoned it because of the time. 😅

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

1 minute ago, cylix said:

Tried the open beta of diablo IV, at the first glance I like it. Graphics and art direction are great, like blizzard used us to. Skill tree looks alright. Would love a better zoom level, I didn't see a slider to zoom out a little, right now is to cramped for me. But I don't know if I'll buy it. Don't have the time for so time eating games anymore. Last diablo that I finished was lord of destruction a long time ago. Diablo 3 I started it but didn't go far and abandoned it because of the time. 😅

Yeah, probably more of the same. For Diablo to move to the next level, they would either need to make it more realistic and push the rating from M to A, which they won't, or come up with a really cool out of the box story, which they are unlikely to do either.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

11 minutes ago, cucubits said:

Based on how I feel that they went backwards with D3 from D2, I'm not going to buy D4.

You can still give it try, open beta is still 1 day open. I mean D4 is a step back to D2, so in a good direction, gone is the fantasy theme, they are back to gothic and despair atmosphere, story also plays a big part with lot of cutscenes.  Only time will tell if they achive everything. Right now from what i played and saw, they need to balance the Melee part. Necro, Witch are whey better then the melee ones in PvE. I can kill everyting with aoe dmg from witch with ease, bosses aswell, but with the druid or Barbarian i get rekt.

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Dealing with PSO2 burnout, so I'm starting on my backlog finally (which is EXPANSIVE).

The two games I'm finally getting out of the way are NieR:Automata and CODE VEIN. I also started Metro Exodus, which has more progress than the other two, but I made the mistake of playing Enhanced Edition, so the framerate is a bit garbage.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is also ready to play. I have a lot of spare time, so I should be able to at least make a dent in my backlog while spring comes along and hopefully before the next sale.

• Thumb Up 1

Kirisame: Custom build

Ryzen 7 5800X

32GB HyperX DDR4-3733 CL18

ASRock Phantom D OC RX 6800XT

1TB Samsung OEM gen4

2TB Inland Platinum

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Huawei Matebook D14

i5-10210U
8GB DDR4
500GB NVME

Because of the Diablo IV beta i started to play again  Diablo 3 😅

Act II right now and im leveling a witch doctor. Pretty OP with all his spells and minions, didnt die once.

Haven't touched Diablo. But I just got my 55x85j back and will be getting my laptop on the first. Looking forward to playing Forza 7. I am gunning to come in first place everytime. Only like 18 championships left

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 hours ago, cylix said:

Act II right now and im leveling a witch doctor. Pretty OP with all his spells and minions, didnt die once.

I did a recent playthrough as well, finally made a Necromancer with Corpse explosion and Legacy of Dreams. Maaan it's OP. Everything just dies. I don't really like how they gave us 47 levels of difficulty and basically leave the balancing to the player. Still... it was a lot of fun.

• Thumb Up 2

4 hours ago, cylix said:

Same, been playing a bit of D3 for 30 minutes here and there 

• Thumb Up 1

Started Everspace 2, really liked the first one and this one doesn't disappoint either. Really good open world SP space game. Other than that sacrificing gaming time for other things..

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

1 hour ago, hfm said:

Started Everspace 2, really liked the first one and this one doesn't disappoint either. Really good open world SP space game. Other than that sacrificing gaming time for other things..

How is it? I never played the first, never heard of the series actually. Is it a sort of space dogfighting arcade-like or has sim elements (compared to Star Citizen for example)? 

I'm thinking of playing through The Last of Us, now that it's finally out on PC. I did play it with PS Now a while ago but it was pretty low res and laggy... and I never got to finish it.

• Thumb Up 1

1 hour ago, cucubits said:

I'm thinking of playing through The Last of Us, now that it's finally out on PC. I did play it with PS Now a while ago but it was pretty low res and laggy... and I never got to finish it.I

I've been thinking about picking this one up, but I'm hearing that the PC version is pretty riddled with bugs so I think waiting a month (or several) for patches might be in order.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:43 PM, Aaron44126 said:

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 in yuzu.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:35 PM, Aaron44126 said:

I'm expecting my run will be in the 60-70 hour range.

Up to about 65 hours with XC3 and nowhere near the end.  There's just so much to do.  Still enjoying myself (or else I'd just make my way to the end and stop doing side stuff).  This will probably end up being the longest amount of time I've ever spent with a JRPG.

• Thumb Up 1

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7770, 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi