NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

cp77 still, have so many mods now I can't keep track, thankfully there's a mods folder I can open and see them all in one place though. Including clothes, replacers and new ones, it has 300 .archive file-mods in there lol.

No difference in performance or little as they're mostly just tweaks to game files, replaced most of the ads since so many are really gross to look at over and over, really wish there was one to turn off the announcements and shouting ads walking around, there's one that turns off the tv sounds out in the world not in your apartment, custom colors on cars, modded weapons, car/bike replacers,weather, 3x longer nights/half days, removing green tint, eye exposure fix which cpdr needs to do in tw3 terrible contrasts/transitions there, etc 

There's even a bladerunner reconfigure of all the ads, interface, textures etc but it's about 1gb and changes so much at one time not going to put it in there for a while, proxima bladerunner mod.

• Bump 1

I've been doing alot of phone gaming lately..mainly 8 ball pool and grid autosport and I kid you not grid looks better maxed on my phone then it does my expensive bulky laptop..phones really are the future..I think the future is now because I also checked out call of duty and once again the graphics looked like 1440p high setting on a pc..all this on something a little bigger than a deck of cards.

And hertz I was wondering about blade runner ? Any fun or good reviews that are not from like 9 year old kids

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

Bounced off Elden Ring yet again...  I think I may just give up on that at this point.. the amount of times I've bounced off Dark Souls 2,3 and now Elden Ring I think I should just just leave them behind and move on. I LOVED Demon's Souls on PS3 and pretty much finished Dark Souls, but something about the fomula now is just putting me off since I want to explore more than I care about redoing the same fights over and over and over.

I installed God of War and blew through that, what a game. I did try to beat the last Valkyrie (the queen) for a bit and just couldn't muster the patience to upgrade myself enough to make that fight easier after trying it for an hour or so. I got her down to around 1/4 health once, I just need a little upgrading to make it a tad easier but bah.. too much grinding UNISNTALL. There's not enough left to do in the world that would be fun enough to grind out some more upgrades. Maybe I've reached the end and I just need to keep trying until I dodge enough attacks to win. 🙂Can't wait for Ragnarok to be ported over to PC the game was fantastic.

I've now installed Horizon: Zero Dawn the other day and so far it is way better than I expected it to be, went into it not really knowing anything about it except you used a bow to fight machines. Cool story premise so far, though I'm just now getting out into the world proper after all the setup scenes culminating to you finally being granted a status to leave the "embrace" to go find your past. At least it seems the last "tutorial" part is how to get a mount and now the game is wide open. Really good so far, digging the mixing of high tech and low tech and how the world building is unfolding.

• Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

oh man. man o man, im dying to try horizon and god of war. they look really fun. gaming has come a ways hasn't it

also hfm we need you man. you were crucial to NBR and this forum has like 1 thread kicking the desktop thread for benchmarking. dont give up man. NBR has been in my life since 2005 and I wont quit neither should you

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 hours ago, hfm said:

I've now installed Horizon: Zero Dawn the other day and so far it is way better than I expected it to be, went into it not really knowing anything about it except you used a bow to fight machines. Cool story premise so far, though I'm just now getting out into the world proper after all the setup scenes culminating to you finally being granted a status to leave the "embrace" to go find your past. At least it seems the last "tutorial" part is how to get a mount and now the game is wide open. Really good so far, digging the mixing of high tech and low tech and how the world building is unfolding.

I really enjoyed the back story to Horizon Zero Dawn....its spooky!

Gameplay was ok but not my fav.

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

Was thinking of going back to Yakuza LAD. Played it a bit when it first came out and really didn't like the turn based combat, which is unavoidable, in the free roam world and triggers way too much. I like the direct one person combat of the previous games much better, turn based inserts too much in between imo, spread sheet stats gaming not to my taste. In a couple of the older games you could either buy or achieve an item that negated the free world combat or avoid it easily, it triggered too much there too. 

• Thumb Up 1

Haven't played anything for the past couple weeks, I miss the fun of discovering and playing through a whole new game. Sad that we have to revisit previous releases because there's nothing new worthwhile out there. I'd still like to try The Callisto Protocol but I'm not giving them any $ for the crap they pulled...

I'm considering starting a fresh playthrough of the Witcher3 but I need to be sure, this time I want to stick with it if I do start it. 

Mean time, I installed Doom Eternal last night... I like it and I'd like to finish it. Played only for a few hours back when it was released. 

• Thumb Up 1

yeah I tried doom it was fun just played a few levels. good graphics and optimised pretty well I can get 120fps at 4k with my 3060. not maxed of course..

yeah I heard alot about yakuza might have to buy it and give it a go.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 12/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, cucubits said:

Haven't played anything for the past couple weeks, I miss the fun of discovering and playing through a whole new game. Sad that we have to revisit previous releases because there's nothing new worthwhile out there. I'd still like to try The Callisto Protocol but I'm not giving them any $ for the crap they pulled...

I'm considering starting a fresh playthrough of the Witcher3 but I need to be sure, this time I want to stick with it if I do start it. 

Mean time, I installed Doom Eternal last night... I like it and I'd like to finish it. Played only for a few hours back when it was released. 

IMO the base game was really good, I stopped somewhere in the middle of the expansions though, got boring at some point.

• Like 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

2 hours ago, hfm said:

IMO the base game was really good, I stopped somewhere in the middle of the expansions though, got boring at some point.

You're talking about Doom or the Witcher? 

I stopped playing The Witcher with about 80 hours in and pretty late in the main story. If I recall right, I was about to or just got the grandmaster armor set... not sure. It wasn't boring to me but at that point I did start breezing through... nothing would present any significant threat. On the other hand I didn't start any of the DLC quests so can't say about those. 

Either way, if I start playing it, I'll do it from the start... it's been a really long time since I played it.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 12:26 AM, cucubits said:

You're talking about Doom or the Witcher? 

I stopped playing The Witcher with about 80 hours in and pretty late in the main story. If I recall right, I was about to or just got the grandmaster armor set... not sure. It wasn't boring to me but at that point I did start breezing through... nothing would present any significant threat. On the other hand I didn't start any of the DLC quests so can't say about those. 

Either way, if I start playing it, I'll do it from the start... it's been a really long time since I played it.

Doom Eternal, I didn't think the expansions were that good, I was playing Ancient Gods Pt1 and stopped somewhere in it. Witcher 3 I dumped like 200 hours into it and still didn't do all the map markers..

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hfm said:

Doom Eternal, I didn't think the expansions were that good, I was playing Ancient Gods Pt1 and stopped somewhere in it. Witcher 3 I dumped like 200 hours into it and still didn't do all the map markers..

Right, ok. I haven't played the DLCs at all, wanted to try now but we'll see if I stick with it. Are the DLCs integrated in the main "campaign" or I need to start separately?

Speaking of Doom, this made me go and look back on the previous games... very confusing, Doom 3 - Doom - Doom Eternal. I think Doom 3 (BFG) is the one that might warrant a replay. It's been a long time and I think it's the only one which sort of is in line with Doom's true nature/atmosphere.

Mean time, I did start the Witcher and I have high hopes I'll stick to it this time all the way. I'm still fumbling around White Orchard and getting used to the controls. Back in 2018 when I played it a lot, I used mouse/keyboard. Now I'm trying with a controller.

• Thumb Up 1

I found this game that is an homage to the original Wipeout series. It's called BallisticNG, and tries to emulate the earlier Wipeout games in the series while adding a modern touch to just about everything. The game by itself is phenomenal, but I personally love the amount of mods and custom configurability this game has.

I personally lean towards playing the game with vanilla mechanics, but adding the ships and music from Wipeout, so here are a few screenshots of me racing for team Piranha:

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.47ccd3a11c629f7ef881156139b78d45.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.43850445566b854b5fc7995825483050.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9697c52376efca9a4c5d02fd0372ae00.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f66aa0631341627d63350db3db85d2be.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.398cdf002a3dc4a972a79d01a73a5ac0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6a594e290ec78f3efdaf6dcb92aa687e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.41d55b393e4ca1c33d84049c96b43c33.jpeg

• Thumb Up 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

Uncharted Legacy of Thies collection, pretty good, reminds me of tomb raider. To bad they didnt port the first games on PC, like this i had to read on wiki what was going on.

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sticking to the Witcher this time. I already have about 30 hours in and not bored. I haven't even reached Novigrad yet, been doing lots of side stuff.

When I do get tired of it, I jump in a few PUBG sessions... enjoying that a lot as well.

• Thumb Up 1

Installed Days Gone and played a little bit like 20 min. Game looks gorgeous, very high attention to detail and the post apocalyptic look is spot on, gameplay looks fine and the story is interesting, hope i have time to finish it or it will stay on the SSD and occupy space like the other ones unfinished( RDR2, Cyberpunk, W3, Jedi Fallen Order and so on 🤣)

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

jedi fallen order was fun but I stopped early. one game that stands out texture and detail wise is actually ghost recon breakpoint....super impressive graphics that no one talks about

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the dying light 2 thread fired it up without denuvo now and once I dialed in all the correct settings it works great, 1080p dlss perf, 60 locked mostly, smooth. I was also looking at nexus page for this game and thankfully there's a mod that gets rid of the egregious lens flare/bloom etc that makes it so blurry sometimes, not sure what the devs are thinking with all that crap you can't disable normally. Hoo boy here we go with the modding on this one now lol

2 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

As mentioned in the dying light 2 thread fired it up without denuvo now and once I dialed in all the correct settings it works great, 1080p dlss perf, 60 locked mostly, smooth. I was also looking at nexus page for this game and thankfully there's a mod that gets rid of the egregious lens flare/bloom etc that makes it so blurry sometimes, not sure what the devs are thinking with all that crap you can't disable normally. Hoo boy here we go with the modding on this one now lol

Cool, I was actually thinking it's about time for another proper DL2 run. Now that I've seen the story, I could focus on completing more side stuff. It really was a cool game, I was just mad at it that they dumbed down the scary factor by a lot, compared to DL1. 

Good to hear it's now without denuvo. I actually made up a rule for myself, I will skip any game which has denuvo from the start. Lately I've been doing just fine not having bought Callisto Protocol and now Deliver us Mars, both of which I had been looking fw to.

• Thumb Up 1

yeah but I have to say I don't know what changed but it seems more stuttery than with denuvo previous version I played a ton. Even before I put in a few mods mostly QOL, ez lockpicking, no intro videos, getting rid of the forced blurryness with baked in lens flare and other stuff that makes it a mess in sunny times.

I think I'm not jumping in to DL2 just yet. I realized I hadn't finished Days Gone and I had so much fun with it. Installing it back now. This should cover my zombies fix for a while.

...I wish it would let me smack in the face that old woman running her labor camp. I really disliked her.

• Thumb Up 1

yeah it's nice to have the main story done and just do the new stuff, I was trying out bloody ties but it's really just a glorified gladiator arena stretched too far into some shallow story stuff. Not a big fan of the challenges seems ridiculous when you're in that situation and to throw a gladiator thing in there is just lazy and nonsensical imo But some of the small side missions are fun to explore the world.

Edit: also dled one of those 100% saves on nexus for a ng+ at some point.

• Thumb Up 1