NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

6 hours ago, ryan said:

I have witcher 2 and 3 and cyberpunk. should I start with witcher 2 or 3 or just play cyberpunk..im more of a run and gun player.

I tried TW2 a few years ago and man it's a huge downgrade from 3, needs a remaster, I wouldn't bother with it. You really can't go wrong with tw3 or cp77 both great games, both still have bugs. CDPR always releases very buggy games that take a few patches to be smooth. TW3 the smoother experience, much longer especially with the DLC, a lot more meaningful choices too, much better game than 77 imo. 77 amazing graphics and pretty fun too, the main story is relatively short. Definitely more run and gun game.

On 10/31/2022 at 3:39 PM, cucubits said:

Quoting myself again but yeah, I was right. I watched Edgerunners today and now I'm both sad and wanna fire up Cyberpunk 2077 and smash...

So did any of you watch Edgerunners? It's really amazing how much impact a short anime series can have... it's been over 24 hours and I'm still crappy, sad, angry, don't feel like playing anything. Really hard to explain, it's not like it wasn't obvious how it would end. I knew it all along yet it still hit like a truck... Am I being crazy? 

15 hours ago, cucubits said:

So did any of you watch Edgerunners? It's really amazing how much impact a short anime series can have... it's been over 24 hours and I'm still crappy, sad, angry, don't feel like playing anything. Really hard to explain, it's not like it wasn't obvious how it would end. I knew it all along yet it still hit like a truck... Am I being crazy? 

I've been out of the loop there, not much into anime either but I did see that anime stuff in the mission where you find the BD on the street it was pretty cool, too bad they didn't put more in there.

Went and got a bunch of simple mods which are just the dragndrop variety, nothing too heavy. Added a couple of hairdos for FemV, ada wong my favorite, real lack of normal hairdos in the game for women at least. A mod that makes either night or day longer, I have one that just makes night a lot longer more atmospheric at night. The weather probability one with longer rain, all the shiny surfaces look cool. Vendors enhancement sells max instead of limited inventory, replace caliburn with a sweet lambo terzo, crowd behavior and car behavior rebalance, better vehicle handling. Probably going to get more vehicle replacements too.

14 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

I've been out of the loop there, not much into anime either

Watch it!
I'm also not a fan of anime in general. I think there's only one other series I watched... 

If you like CB2077 at all, you can't not watch Edgerunners. It's almost like watching a side story in the game. Same setting, same locations, music, sounds...

It's not long, 10 episodes of about 20 mins each. The first 4-5 will be quite enjoyable... the rest, well, I won't spoil it but it should be clear that it'll leave you quite sad and empty inside.

1 hour ago, cucubits said:

If you like CB2077 at all, you can't not watch Edgerunners.

How about "if you never played it", is Edgerunners still worth watching ?

I've watched the Arcane some time ago, and it was amazing. But never actually played League of Legends, so... 

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

18 minutes ago, serpro69 said:

How about "if you never played it", is Edgerunners still worth watching ?

I've watched the Arcane some time ago, and it was amazing. But never actually played League of Legends, so... 

I would say yes, still worth watching but I may be biased because I like the cyberpunk universe a lot. If you look up any reviews, they'll all say it really is an amazing little series. 

Personally, if I could go back in time, I'd probably tell "past myself" to just skip it, forget about it and save me the pain... 

• Thumb Up 2

6 hours ago, cucubits said:

I would say yes, still worth watching but I may be biased because I like the cyberpunk universe a lot. If you look up any reviews, they'll all say it really is an amazing little series. 

Personally, if I could go back in time, I'd probably tell "past myself" to just skip it, forget about it and save me the pain... 

its interesting to see how many ppl ive seen highly recommending this short anime CP series. seems to be quite a thing!

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

3 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

its interesting to see how many ppl ive seen highly recommending this short anime CP series. seems to be quite a thing!

It is interesting and I have a feeling this will keep blowing up even more. I honestly can't think of any other show which brings out emotions on the level this did, let alone an anime series. The more I think about it, the more it feels like a masterpiece. I can't even imagine how will someone who actually is into anime, feel after this...

Just look at every single comment on all the videos with that damned song which I now can't stop watching...

Decided to buy Resident Evil Village (RE8) since work has finally died down somewhat so i have some free time and i am enjoying the game so far, Love the gameplay and graphics and the fact that the game doesnt hold your hand much as i kept dying in the Lycan attack in the beginning of the game as i kept running out of pistol ammo and resources to craft more and getting lost in Castle Dimitrescu but still making good progress so far as im learning more about the game. Its still a fun experience

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

had to pawn my laptop again. financial issues.....dabbling in ge force now crysis remastered on my chromebook...looks wise it looks native and runs maxed out but lag wise this chromebook isnt the fastest some lag but still playable

• Sad 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I just found this yt movie showing some capabilities of the new unreal engine, and i must say, this looks crazy good, the forrest looks so damn photorealistic. I just imagine a new Witcher game with this kind of detail!

• Thanks 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

On 11/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, ryan said:

had to pawn my laptop again. financial issues.....dabbling in ge force now crysis remastered on my chromebook...looks wise it looks native and runs maxed out but lag wise this chromebook isnt the fastest some lag but still playable

oh dude, that sux big time! hope u can get it back in time before they sell it off!

6 hours ago, cylix said:

I just found this yt movie showing some capabilities of the new unreal engine, and i must say, this looks crazy good, the forrest looks so damn photorealistic. I just imagine a new Witcher game with this kind of detail!

damn, photorealistic indeed. basically looks like a real life recording of someone walking through the woods 😯

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

I found myself caught up in Dark Souls Remastered on the Switch for the last couple days. I don't feel like starting CP2077 and this is sort of taking my mind off Edgerunners for a little while. I'm still amazed how much you can get attached to drawings from a short anime series. Says a lot about the writers. Now that more days passed, I can honestly say no other movie/series had this sort of an impact. Ever. Really... 

Anyway, I made up a build I always wanted to try. Great Club and lots of strength. Light armor to keep my dodges fast and everything goes splat. I'm a fan of early OP builds so I got the Great Club to +10 before fighting any of the bosses of the area. Nothing comes even close to standing a chance. The gargoyles went down in 2 hits. It was glorious. Then of course the Gaping Dragon kicked my butt... but that's another story, shouldn't have any problems once I remember its patterns. 

Was playing a bit of Ghost Song a metroidvania, decent and reminds a lot of hollow knight, hopefully we even get HK Silk Song which was due sometime earlier this year. I get it it requires a new story and such but most of us would be content with just more DLC for HK, sell like hotcakes. Ender Lilies still better than GS to me though, Minoria not too bad either. NO substitute for HK though may give that a replay soon.

Have done a lot of modding on CP77, even went so far as to put cyberengine tweaks in there and redscript, required to save my present femv character out(Appearane Change Unlocker mod) and start new game as corpo or nomad. I've only ever had one character that was streetkid. Get a NG+ save with everything so don't need to scavenge, load in my preset FemV. They really screwed up with no 3rd person view here, especially with all the character customization and clothes and such. May try a mod for 3rd person heard it doesn't work too well though.

Unlock Night City pretty cool as a lot of the places are blocked after the missions are done, no reason for that imo, keep'em open. Disable borders so you can go out of the map, look at the stuff south of the border etc Found the Bladerunner easter egg too, pretty cool. Better clothes to my taste, hair style, weather, turned off all the annoying radios, etc. The star wars speeder for the apollo bikes works fine, but the terzo mod doesn't look too good just go back to the Caliburn model much better looking. 

46 minutes ago, Hertzian56 said:

Was playing a bit of Ghost Song a metroidvania, decent and reminds a lot of hollow knight, hopefully we even get HK Silk Song which was due sometime earlier this year. I get it it requires a new story and such but most of us would be content with just more DLC for HK, sell like hotcakes. Ender Lilies still better than GS to me though, Minoria not too bad either. NO substitute for HK though may give that a replay soon.

As a guy who loves a good Metroidvania, I am also ready for Silksong to release and I have rather high hopes for that game...  I'll note that Team Cherry has never given a release window, the rumored date from earlier this year was just an unfounded placeholder from the NVIDIA leak from a while back AFAIK.  (They did drop a new trailer earlier this year in during a Microsoft event but that didn't even have a release window hint on it.)

Anyway, Ghost Song is a game that has come to my attention recently so I've been looking for feedback about that one.  I'd be interested to hear if you like it any more after you play more of it (if you do).  Hadn't heard of Ender Lilies.  I'll check it out.

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal) • Dell Precision 7560 (work) • Full specs in spoiler block below
Info posts (Dell) — Dell Precision key postsDell driver RSS feeds • Dell Fan Management — override fan behavior
Info posts (Windows) — Turbo boost toggle • The problem with Windows 11 • About Windows 10 LTSC

Spoiler

Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2023 (personal)

• M2 Max
    • 4 efficiency cores
    • 8 performance cores
    • 38-core Apple GPU
  • 96GB LPDDR5-6400
  • 8TB SSD
  • macOS 14 "Sonoma"
  • 16.2" 3456×2234 120 Hz mini-LED VRR display
  • Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
  • 99.6Wh battery
  • 1080p webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Also — iPhone 12 Pro 512GB, Apple Watch Series 8

Dell Precision 7560 (work)

• Intel Xeon W-11955M ("Tiger Lake")
    • 8×2.6 GHz base, 5.0 GHz turbo, hyperthreading ("Willow Cove")
  • 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC
  • NVIDIA RTX A2000 4GB
  • Storage:
    • 512GB system drive (Micron 2300)
    • 4TB additional storage (Sabrent Rocket Q4)
  • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021
  • 15.6" 3940×2160 IPS display
  • Intel Wi-Fi AX210 (Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3)
  • 95Wh battery
  • 720p IR webcam
  • Fingerprint reader

Previous

• Dell Precision 7770, 7530, 7510, M4800, M6700
  • Dell Latitude E6520
  • Dell Inspiron 1720, 5150
  • Dell Latitude CPi

I started playing 2 games on my PS3:

Folklore - A japanese action game set in Ireland where you use folk creatures and fairies in combat. It's a murder mystery where you explore the village of Doolin and interact with the locals trying to find clues and also explore the netherworld investigating the fairies. An interesting game that kinda gives me the same vibe of a Japanese RPG set in Wales called 'Koudelka'.

The other game I have been having a blast with is 'Split Second'. A racing game that play in a similar vain to Burnout Takedown(another fantastic game) but instead of crashing into your opponents, you instead build up your metre by drifting, then set off an explosion on an environment that crashes into your opponents. The explosions are absolutely epic as the you are racing on a TV show.  Very fun.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:26 PM, Aaron44126 said:

As a guy who loves a good Metroidvania, I am also ready for Silksong to release and I have rather high hopes for that game...  I'll note that Team Cherry has never given a release window, the rumored date from earlier this year was just an unfounded placeholder from the NVIDIA leak from a while back AFAIK.  (They did drop a new trailer earlier this year in during a Microsoft event but that didn't even have a release window hint on it.)

Anyway, Ghost Song is a game that has come to my attention recently so I've been looking for feedback about that one.  I'd be interested to hear if you like it any more after you play more of it (if you do).  Hadn't heard of Ender Lilies.  I'll check it out.

Oh right I forgot about that, the news ran with it on a few sites at the time. The steam page for silksong seemed to help the speculation too. I haven't been back to it so far, it's clunkier imo with the shooting and such but the music and graphics remind me of HK. Here's hoping they'll just release it out of the blue for the holidays!

I never have played any Total War games, I'm trying to get into the Warhammer series. I have usually bounced off 4X/grand strategy games over the last 5-10 years but I'm having a little fun slowly learning this series. We'll see how long it lasts.

• Haha 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing something a little different from my usual MO. A friend upgraded to a new Xbox and left his old One S with me. For some context, I'm not a console guy. Never had any, never wanted one. For the past couple weeks I've been playing Diablo 3 on the xbox (I have it on PC as well but never bought any expansion so it's quite limited).

Now I've had a chance to see the whole game with all 5 acts. 

It's a good little pass-time game but nowhere near the league that D2 was in. The story is just stupid and the way they designed the game so bosses can't be farmed anymore is not great. Also having 342 difficulty levels is just silly. Nevertheless I'll keep at it for a while longer... I made myself a really powerful Necromancer and it's somewhat enjoyable. 

Waiting patiently for the Callisto Protocol. It should be out in a bout a week or so... haven't kept up with the news, just saw some trailers and it looks awesome.

I started playing Paladins about a week ago, and surprisingly, I rather enjoy it. In many ways it feels like a weird, cheap version of Overwatch, but the gameplay has been quite fun. The graphics are kind of a throwback, but likewise it's easy to achieve super high frame rates.

Who knows how long I'll stay interested, but at least for now it's a neat (and free) alternative to Overwatch.

MSI GS66: i7-11800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 3080 16GB | QHD 240Hz

Dell Precision 7710: i7-6820HQ  | 64GB DDR4-2666 | Quadro M5000M | UHD 60Hz

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4-3200 CL14 | RTX A4000 | Dell S2721DGF, Dell U3014 | Pentium 4-era beige "sleeper" case

On 11/27/2022 at 10:20 PM, cucubits said:

Waiting patiently for the Callisto Protocol. It should be out in a bout a week or so... haven't kept up with the news, just saw some trailers and it looks awesome.

Scratch that. Won't be playing Callisto Protocol, at least for a while.

I really hate when publishers pull this crap. They announced it comes with Denuvo a week before release. This is not about piracy, I'd gladly pay for it but I know with Denuvo, performance will be impacted. What's next, microtransactions in all single player games?

aaanyway, we should be good, lots of other good games still out there that I need to get to 

Still cp77 binging with all the mods, over 150 installed if you count the new clothes and replacer clothes. All of them simple drag drop stuff and no reshades, too buggy. Some modders have simple non reshade graphical enhancements, one changes the white point so it doesn't get the blowout which results in deeper colors another one turns off bloom or greatly reduces it. I've got a weather randomizer that is supposed to have no sunny days but doesn't really work, it does result in more weather though. Another one that makes nights 3x as long and half as long days. Started playing at 1080 rather than 900 didn't notice a difference in fps, have some optimizer mods probably helping out. Not as much spread between gpu and cpu usage as before. 80/40gpu. Weird thing that modern gpus perform better at higher settings but worse at lower for the most part. Most people still have 1080p monitors.

This weekend I'm playing "City skylines" and "Age of Empires iii"

I don't play games very often.  Only a few times a year.

I'm mostly an old school pc gamer.  A few months ago i was playing Sierra "KINGS QUEST III" I bought years ago from GOG.

*edit:  actually, after just logging into my Steam profile for the first time since 2019, I see alot of good games I'm going to be playing that I had forgotten about.

LFD2

and I just downloaded World War Z: Aftermath.... going to play that today hopefully.

I'm back into gaming I guess :D

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2022 at 3:44 PM, ygohome said:

This weekend I'm playing "City skylines" and "Age of Empires iii"

I don't play games very often.  Only a few times a year.

I'm mostly an old school pc gamer.  A few months ago i was playing Sierra "KINGS QUEST III" I bought years ago from GOG.

*edit:  actually, after just logging into my Steam profile for the first time since 2019, I see alot of good games I'm going to be playing that I had forgotten about.

LFD2

and I just downloaded World War Z: Aftermath.... going to play that today hopefully.

I'm back into gaming I guess 😄

lol, and THATS how fast ure sucked back into it hahaha

• Haha 1