NotebookTalk

What game are you playing now?

cucubits

1 hour ago, Hertzian56 said:

Branching out from my COH1 main game into a couple of simple games. Haak is a game pretty similar to Hollow Knight, has more pixelated graphics though and certainly more forgiving. Islets is a cute little casual game with great art very pretty.

I must be having a brain malfunction. I can't figure it out... what does COH1 mean? 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new map for thehunter cow, revontuli coast which is in finland, I think the devs are in scandinavia so it has a bit more lore to it.  There's only one main story mission and it's just a walking tour of some of the refuge, not too impressive. Previous maps main missions were multipart and usually featured rescue, trespassers, other drama and the africa map had a whole huge cave that featured supernatural elements. This has some side missions at least, the previous few maps, total of 12 now I think, had no side missions just a main story mission. Still there's the huge open map and hunting, this map features more birds and the first time I've seen ducks in the water ever in this game even though previous maps should have had ducks. Pretty impressive support for a game that launched in 2017.  It's all paid add ons though.

Was getting ready to reinstall cyberpunk, the new update kind of made me want to play it again. I never had problems that were game breaking previously though, have not played since early 21.

• Thumb Up 1

ill look into the new cyberpunk patch...could be good

iv'e had cod ghosts in my library untouched for years finally booted it up and beat 6 missions..had fun and highly recommend it

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I don't think it adds anything, not sure though, just polishes the experience, really liked the game, they just way overhyped it and expectations were way too high and of course it has some shoddieness here and there that should never had made it out of QC, bugginess, their own fault. And meaningful DLC's 2+ years after first release? if we're lucky.  Was also playing Dead Space 1 such a classic.

• Thumb Up 1

11 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

I don't think it adds anything, not sure though, just polishes the experience, really liked the game, they just way overhyped it and expectations were way too high and of course it has some shoddieness here and there that should never had made it out of QC, bugginess, their own fault. And meaningful DLC's 2+ years after first release? if we're lucky.  Was also playing Dead Space 1 such a classic.

Yeah considering that they were teasing it for years, with the success of Witcher 3 I think it skipped hype train and went straight to the moon. My expectations were tempered for various reasons so I enjoyed the game quite a bit overall.

Dead Space was one of my favorite series, though I dropped it at 3. 1/2 I think I have around 160 hours or more between both.

• Thumb Up 2

Coming from playing old games for a few months it's astounding how good cp77 looks even at the med levels I play at, just explored the city. At my settings it's high on cpu so it's locked at 60 with dlss auto and sharpening, maybe play around with resolution and other settings to try to balance it out more. Was thinking of trying a few QOL mods.

Such a shame we have not got more meaningful content in almost 2 years, more noir would be great instead of the mad max alt stuff. I'm thinking of Nick Valentine from FO4 tech noir would be cool the night atmosphere with all the wet streets and neon would work well for bladerunner tech noir stories too.

• Thumb Up 2

Yeah  Cyberpunk looks good even without Ray Tracing. HDR is Spot on. I started playing again aswell with the latest patch. Lets see for how long  🙂

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

4 hours ago, Hertzian56 said:

Coming from playing old games for a few months it's astounding how good cp77 looks even at the med levels I play at, just explored the city. At my settings it's high on cpu so it's locked at 60 with dlss auto and sharpening, maybe play around with resolution and other settings to try to balance it out more. Was thinking of trying a few QOL mods.

Such a shame we have not got more meaningful content in almost 2 years, more noir would be great instead of the mad max alt stuff. I'm thinking of Nick Valentine from FO4 tech noir would be cool the night atmosphere with all the wet streets and neon would work well for bladerunner tech noir stories too.

They added a lot of things in 1.6, Some new gigs, random missions, new weapons, some perks and a lot of bug fixes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

With the new update they've announced a new DLC called Phantom Liberty that will be released next year

Also they're planning to add FSR 2.0 well 2.1 now in a future update officially but dont know when. I been using PotatoOfDOOM's FSR 2 mod for a month now which works great besides the ghosting issues which FSR 2.1 addresses that issue somewhat.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

9 hours ago, ryan said:

crysis enhanced omg is it jawdropping

old  modded vs new take a gander lol?

yep, its funny how the crysis team forced the enhanced edition off the net in order to push through their own, INFERIOR remastered version 🤣 talk about misreading the room!

• Thumb Up 2

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Modders normally do a better job than the developers themselves. Most remasters are nothing more than a cash grab imo

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 9/13/2022 at 4:02 PM, KING19 said:

They added a lot of things in 1.6, Some new gigs, random missions, new weapons, some perks and a lot of bug fixes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

With the new update they've announced a new DLC called Phantom Liberty that will be released next year

Also they're planning to add FSR 2.0 well 2.1 now in a future update officially but dont know when. I been using PotatoOfDOOM's FSR 2 mod for a month now which works great besides the ghosting issues which FSR 2.1 addresses that issue somewhat.

Yeah I think I found one of the new gigs, saw that on the dlc it's good they're still supporting this game just thought with the budget they would have released a story dlc, meaningful, by now though almost 2 years later. People still worked through covid, bills didn't stop coming. I also compare it to the alive Los Santos of GTAV, pretty dead compared to that for sure.

• Thumb Up 2

5 hours ago, KING19 said:

Modders normally do a better job than the developers themselves. Most remasters are nothing more than a cash grab imo

Yeah skyrim modded can be one of the best looking games. Skyrim and crysis with mods are quite a bit better than their re releases. no idea as modders typically do not get paid. reminds me a bit of elon musks space programme its accomplishing more than nasa with less money. weird weird weird

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 9/14/2022 at 7:37 PM, Hertzian56 said:

Yeah I think I found one of the new gigs, saw that on the dlc it's good they're still supporting this game just thought with the budget they would have released a story dlc, meaningful, by now though almost 2 years later. People still worked through covid, bills didn't stop coming. I also compare it to the alive Los Santos of GTAV, pretty dead compared to that for sure.

I kinda agree. Cyberpunk's world is kinda lifeless and obviously GTAV's world is more alive, same goes for RDR2

The gig's in Cyberpunk are cool and all but a lot of them are kinda repetitive but so far i like some of the new ones

Current Laptop:

On 9/18/2022 at 3:39 AM, Hertzian56 said:

Eh after a few days of playing old saves and wandering around kinda bored of cp77, doesn't have the same replayability for me after 18 months I guess. That DLC can't come soon enough. Maybe checkout judgement which I guess is a yakuza type of game same devs.

speaking of replayability, currently enjoying TItan Quest for the nth time after the multiple recent updates including the new expansion Eternal Embers. this game is from friggin 2006 and the devs / community STILL release updates and new content for it, absolutely amazing! been playing for literally years now and still havent finished the game on all three difficulties LOL

• Thumb Up 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

playing the testing game...seeing what games I can play at 4k and average 120fps. not many..best looking ones notably are gta v and forza 7. farcry 3 should be getting like 400 fps but for some odd reason im getting only 90fps pity such a great game. same goes for witcher 3 im getting 90fps on all low and 40 maxed...but honestly for witcher 3 anything above 40 feels smoothish and is prefectly playable. bah might try fallout 3.

just tried last light metro!!!

with a 11800h and 115w 3060 I managed 100-140fps at 4k normal

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Started to play again World War 3, its going open beta on the 29 on Steam. Its a good free game, one time was hyped as the battlefield killer. Sadly the first launch was full of bugs, developers are trying to bring it back, but they dont have funds like EA. It has some nice ideas and  weapon customization is really well made. Hope they can do it, sad to see it die for a second time.

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

Tunic is fun for about half the game then it just devolves into annoying backtracking and trying to find hidden paths that the fixed view makes a pain to find, not to mention the combat is not that great and the enemies get to clip through walls and all combine to chase you out of their zones if you try to just run past them, almost instant death every time. Save points are very spaced out too. The fantasy language of the user manual gets on the nerves after a while too because a lot of what is necessary to move forward in the game requires pouring over it and trying to figure out what it means. If I wanted to pour through a manual which is in a foreign fantasy language I'd make sure I was getting paid for my time, not good. Games that almost require online research on a regular basis are flawed. I don't recommend this game to most people.

On a better note kept playing cyberpunk because it's so amazing looking and it became pretty fun all over again, just did the main missions and side missions mostly and a few gigs here and there. Loaded up a save that was about half way and enjoyed it, just doing the open world and side missions that come up since I'm to the final main mission which I did several run throughs of first play through. Really wish there was a post main ending option to keep playing, would have been cool to choose playing as silverhand or v too.

Gloomhaven.

We are thinking to play Gloomhaven (boardgame) with a few of my work colleagues, so decided to give the PC adaptation a try just to understand the game a bit. It's quite good actually (and pretty challenging also), for someone who likes these kinds of games.

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

Hei guys, finally getting back online!

Today I fired up my personal laptop for the first time in about a month. I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with it, it feels it's been so long 🙂

We made the move from TX to WA and slowly getting settled in. Been thinking about what to start playing now that the dust started settling and the pile of moving boxes is somewhat smaller.

The 2k mile long drive was very interesting and ...surprisingly empty. There were long stretches of highway with nothing which reminded me so clearly of Death Stranding.

So yeah, I may or may not post in off topic some more details and impressions about all this moving experience but for now, looking for ideas what to play next.

- obviously high on the list is Death Stranding

- I miss Cyberpunk

- the long drive also reminded me in some parts of Fallout 4, which I loved but never ended up finishing.

- The Witcher 3 is always on my radar, I just never get motivated enough to actually resume it. It's been so long, I might as well start from the beginning. 

• Thumb Up 1