NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

Intel Launches 12th Gen Alder Lake-HX CPUs: The Fastest Laptop Chips Yet  With Up To 16 Cores, 5 GHz, 16 PCIe Gen 5 Lanes, Full-Range Overclocking

I was a bit surprised to hear about a GT77 Titan as the GT series was always how I liked a laptop, big and thick with lots of cooling and powerful components. It seems MSI is moving away from the very premise that made the GT series what it was. This is completely stupid to me, and probably means every component will be soldered unless they  branch the product off like what they did with the GT76 and GT75 (GT76 had desktop CPU while GT75's were still sold with updated soldered mobile processors.)

I don't understand why things are thinning out. CPUs are slowly utilizing more power and GPUs are starting to guzzle the stuff. The SFF community has also realized and accepted that their cases will have to get a bit bigger in order to accommodate the bigger, more powerful GPUs that are launching. Why don't laptop manufacturers and basic consumers understand this?

What's even weirder to me is why manufacturers are selling thin, 16-17 inch laptops. They are already big, you might as well improve performance/cooling and general durability if they are going to be big. I feel like if laptops were bigger and cooled somewhat well, it would allow for a great marketing opportunity to say "We have the most powerful gaming laptop in the world!" or, "Our laptop is the most quiet laptop on the market!" 

To me and other people here, thin isn't impressive. Why? Because thinning laptops out takes away from the general purpose a computer has, which is to perform a specific task requested by the user in a specific time frame. (This is how I see computers at least.) Thinner works for basic computers where one would do basic things, but thinner does not also work for performance-oriented computers where one would be doing gaming and productivity tasks.

I feel like I keep repeating myself, this is really the only place where I can vent about it hence why I repeat myself, but the idiocracy of people and corporations irritates the hell out of me, and I want to fix or at least to try to fix it in the future because I know I'm not the only one who is irritated. 

• Thumb Up 5
  • Like 1

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

this is one of the last holdouts of a dying breed my friend...believers of high-performance, upgradeable, tunable, fixable laptop monsters...☠️

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

On 4/30/2022 at 6:11 PM, Mr. Fox said:

This is also relevant in the context of GPU prices and the ability of anyone that hasn't recently lost any wealth they have earned, and the ability to replace it, to purchase a GPU. When it costs +100% more to gas up your car and +30% more to purchase basic necessities like food, guess how many people ain't gonna be buying a shiny new GPU unless they can put it on a credit card and take 10 years to pay for it? 

Be happy you don't have to pay Gas prices we have in Norway. We are a big oil nation but have one of the most ugly prices for Gas in the world. 

U.S. Gas prices is also topic here home now. Maybe to justify even higher prices in the coming months.

https://finansavisen-no.translate.goog/nyheter/bil/2022/05/10/7864050/bensinpriser-stiger-til-ny-rekord-igjen?_x_tr_sl=no&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will see more refined throttling algorithms and an even harder working dynamic boost feature that let the GPU or the Cpu have first priority on cooling. 

https://hothardware.com/news/intel-12th-gen-alder-lake-hx-cpus-more-cores-features

12th Gen Intel Core HX processor memory and core overclocking slide

And we may see new ways to differenciate the OEMS. Up to the different OEM what features they will offer. The HX chips come with an castrated iGPU so now they can charge more for the lap-jokes for those that don't want pay premium for their ARC Gpu. Maybe they also can stop people from fiddeling with an eGPU?

image.png.f41dcfe6e221cfac1a9017243fbc3c36.png

https://www.anandtech.com/show/17376/intel-launches-alder-lake-hx-series-processors-for-highend-laptops#:~:text=Thunderbolt 4 support is not baked into this platform%3B like its desktop counterpart%2C Thunderbolt is an optional feature here. Adding Thunderbolt requires using a discrete controller (up to two)%2C so it will be left up to laptop vendors to implement their own configurations and designs.

Edit:

PS. The HX series ain't as the best option for gaming. Probably because the new Cpu's will clock down lower than the HK chips due the more cores and the higher power consumption. The amazing Dynamic boost feature that "share the power/cooling budget between Cpu and Gpu) easly killed this new chips as an better gaming chips. 

Intel's Alder Lake-HX CPUs are official, with support for PCIe 5.0, DDR5, and overclocking

The company also provided a quick overview of gaming performance. For now, we'll have to take Intel's word for it, but it doesn't look like the new CPU series will disappoint. However, the company did note that H-series Alder Lake CPUs will remain the fastest mobile processors for gaming for a while yet, so in terms of performance-per-dollar, you may want to opt for a laptop with Alder Lake-H.

Btw. The forum is very sluggish and slow. And something has to be done with easier edit the posts. Same also for adding more quotes in same posts afterwards. Not sure what I do wrong but couldn't easy put the post about the new sick BGA opton under Tenoroo quote. Hence it is put under bro Fox reply.

6 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

I don't understand why things are thinning out. CPUs are slowly utilizing more power and GPUs are starting to guzzle the stuff. The SFF community has also realized and accepted that their cases will have to get a bit bigger in order to accommodate the bigger, more powerful GPUs that are launching. Why don't laptop manufacturers and basic consumers understand this?

What's even weirder to me is why manufacturers are selling thin, 16-17 inch laptops. They are already big, you might as well improve performance/cooling and general durability if they are going to be big. I feel like if laptops were bigger and cooled somewhat well, it would allow for a great marketing opportunity to say "We have the most powerful gaming laptop in the world!" or, "Our laptop is the most quiet laptop on the market!" 

To me and other people here, thin isn't impressive. Why? Because thinning laptops out takes away from the general purpose a computer has, which is to perform a specific task requested by the user in a specific time frame. (This is how I see computers at least.) Thinner works for basic computers where one would do basic things, but thinner does not also work for performance-oriented computers where one would be doing gaming and productivity tasks.

• Bump 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Tenoroon said:

Intel Launches 12th Gen Alder Lake-HX CPUs: The Fastest Laptop Chips Yet  With Up To 16 Cores, 5 GHz, 16 PCIe Gen 5 Lanes, Full-Range Overclocking

I was a bit surprised to hear about a GT77 Titan as the GT series was always how I liked a laptop, big and thick with lots of cooling and powerful components. It seems MSI is moving away from the very premise that made the GT series what it was. This is completely stupid to me, and probably means every component will be soldered unless they  branch the product off like what they did with the GT76 and GT75 (GT76 had desktop CPU while GT75's were still sold with updated soldered mobile processors.)

I feel like I keep repeating myself, this is really the only place where I can vent about it hence why I repeat myself, but the idiocracy of people and corporations irritates the hell out of me, and I want to fix or at least to try to fix it in the future because I know I'm not the only one who is irritated. 

I never understood this either. The thinning of regular laptops makes sense since they wouldn't utilize all the space in a thick chassis anyway. The fact that performance laptops continue to get thinner is very annoying and is holding them back from performing (heh heh) the task they were meant to fulfill, which is to provide as much performance to the user as possible in an ultraportable package.

We have long passed the time where performance laptops should've stopped getting thinner. The unrelenting trend to thinner and lighter performance laptops is causing them to hit a performance wall because of this artificial design constraint. Eventually you're gonna thermal throttle on stock settings because there's no getting around physics.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with thin and light laptops in of themselves, I just have a problem with an artificial design constraint gimping performance in performance laptops. An artificial design contraint that interferes with a device's ability to function properly is stupid at best, and malicious at worst. Unless innovations in cooling tech allow the same cooling in thin and light laptops that we have now in desktops, performance laptops should stay thick. I personally prefer thick anyways since that gives the laptop a very solidly built, tough chassis that can take a beating.

On a happier note, I am excited for the eluktronics liquid propulsion package though since other companies might create a similar solution if this one is successful. External water cooling is pretty much the only solution we have for properly cooling performance laptops in a market that is crazed for thin and light laptops, regardless of performance class. Imagine a thin and light DTR with a desktop CPU inside and an external 420mm radiator. Man would that be a dream.

• Thumb Up 2

AlienyHackbook: Alienware M17X R5 | i7-4930MX | GTX 1060 | 32GB DDR3L Kingston HyperX @ 2133 MHz CL 12 | MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 | Windows 10 LTSC | Hackintoshes Rule!

Desktop Killer: Clevo X170SM-G | i9-10900K | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix @ 3200 MHz CL 16 | Windows 10 LTSC | Slayer Of Desktops

Sagattarius A: Custom Built Desktop | i9-10900K | RX 6950 XT | 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 4000 MHz CL 15 | Windows 10 LTSC | Ultimate Performance Desktop With Cryo Cooling!

On 5/8/2022 at 12:20 AM, Mr. Fox said:

As expected, Windows 7 memory performance is better. No surprise here, since almost everything works better on Windows 7 as long as you can find a driver that works for it.

NIIwIXM.jpg

Speaking of drivers... Brother @johnksss when you eventually get your mobo situation sorted with the numbskulls at MSI, I finally found a Realtek USB Audio ALC4080 driver that works for Windows 7. My surround sound works and everything now. I found a Dell Dock driver that is OS agnostic and used the "Have Disk" method to install it.

245642998_USBAudio.thumb.jpg.1396b03318e1023d2f049f2881d2f8f0.jpg

Docks_Stands_Driver_08CKK_WN32_6.3.9600.2215_A15_03.EXE 46.45 MB · 2 downloads

Okay, all working and now fully incorporated into my reinstall drivers folder.

Thank you for that Realtek driver!

Full-drivers-Win7-5950X-MSI-UNIFYX.thumb.PNG.5345302203297d5f18422d48d03ef330.PNG

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

5 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

I don't understand why things are thinning out. CPUs are slowly utilizing more power and GPUs are starting to guzzle the stuff.

Because 99 out of 100 people buying laptops are idiots, and 100 out of 100 companies selling them care about what those 99 idiots are going to spend their money on. It doesn't matter if it is a piece of crap as long as the sheeple buy it, and if they think it's cute and it meets the approval of their flock on Facepoot it will sell like smiley-faced pancakes with sprinkles on top 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Haha 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Because 99 out of 100 people buying laptops are idiots, and 100 out of 100 companies selling them care about what those 99 idiots are going to spend their money on. It doesn't matter if it is a piece of crap as long as the sheeple buy it, and if they think it's cute and it meets the approval of their flock on Facepoot it will sell like smiley-faced pancakes with sprinkles on top 

Wait, those are real?! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tenoroon said:

Sadly its the latest trend with laptops, The days of big and thick laptops are over. They're going keep getting thinner and thinner every year and people will keep buying them and later complain why their gaming laptops are overheating and later in the future asking why they cant upgrade their RAM, Wifi and storage drives anymore.... Even thin and light 16-17" desktop replacement laptops will throttle like crazy because they cant handle the heat especially with powerful Intel and AMD CPUs.

We enthusiasts only represent a small minority of PC consumers these days so companies are going to cater to the lowest common denominator..

• Thumb Up 4
  • Sad 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

1 minute ago, KING19 said:

Sadly its the latest trend with laptops, The days of big and thick laptops are over. They're going keep getting thinner and thinner every year and people will keep buying them and later complain why their gaming laptops are overheating and later in the future asking why they cant upgrade their RAM, Wifi and storage drives anymore.... Even thin and light 16-17" desktop replacement laptops will throttle like crazy because they cant handle the heat especially with powerful Intel and AMD CPUs.

We enthusiasts only represent a small minority of PC consumers these days so companies are going to cater to the lowest common denominator..

Unfortunately this is very true...

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

57 minutes ago, KING19 said:

OEMs can keep overheating at bay with firmware, drivers and software. 100C for Cpu and +80C for the GPU is just fine. Just ask an Dell HW engineer. Throttling due overheating is an feature and not a bug.

Features like Dynamic boost 2.0/AMD's SmartShift technology will help the OEM to further to reach their goal and achieve Apple's modern laptop chassis design. Push you over on newer laptops before time as etc offer untapped performance due their crippling is a smart move to increase/keep up the profits. Features as mentioned above is the OEMS golden ticket to try compete with Apple regarding tomorrows laptop design. Design over functionality will always cater to the average Joe. 

What is Nvidia Dynamic Boost 2.0? | Trusted Reviews 

What is AMD SmartShift? | Windows Central

• Sad 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Nothing in mobile computing is worth a damn now. The entire market is 100% saturated with worthless dung from the cheapest to the most expensive option. Even if money were no object, there is not one single option worthy of consideration. The most exotic "high performance" option money can buy is an emasculated, pathetic, ridiculous BGA piece of trash that nobody should waste their money on. Ditto on the cheapest. Throw-away filth... all of it.

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900K | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8000 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Watching Biso Biso work some fun times with his EVGA KP 3090 TI:

• Thumb Up 2

Electrosoft Prime: 7950X3D | MSI X670E Carbon  | MSI Suprim X Liquid 4090 | AC LF II 420 | G.Skill 6000 A-Die 2x32GB | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | EVGA 1600w P2 | Phanteks Ethroo Pro | Alienware AW3225QF 32" OLED

Eurocom Raptor X15 | 12900k | Nvidia RTX 3070ti | 15.6" 1080p 240hz | Kingston 3200 32GB (2x16GB) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB Heatsink Edition
Heath: i9-12900k | EVGA CLC 280 | Asus Strix Z690 D4 | Asus Strix 3080 | 32GB DDR4 2x16GB B-Die 4000  | WD Black SN850 512GB |  EVGA DG-77 | Samsung G7 32" 144hz 32"

MelMel:  (Retrofit currently in progress)

Pushed the 115w 3070 a bit further with a vBIOS flash. Works 100%. All outs, Advanced Optimus and G-Sync all work and the laptop runs nice and cool with the Honeywell 7950 phase change. 

Screenshot-87.png

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/28094550

• Thumb Up 2
Spoiler

The Beast Asus Z790 APEX | Intel i9 13900K | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix OC | 64gb DDR5 7466 CL34 Dual Rank A-Dies | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB | Innocn 4K 160Hz Mini LED HDR1000 | LG 27GN950-B 4K 160Hz | Corsair 170i Elite LCD 420mm AIO | Corsair 7000D | EVGA 1600w T2

Little Beast EVGA Z690 DARK | Intel i9 13900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | 32gb DDR5 SK Hynix DDR5 8000 CL36 A-Dies | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB | LG OLED C1 4K 120Hz G-Sync/FreeSync | Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240Hz G-Sync Ultimate | Corsair 115i Elite 280mm AIO | Lian Li 011 Dynamic | EVGA 1000w P6

5 hours ago, electrosoft said:

Watching Biso Biso work some fun times with his EVGA KP 3090 TI:

i had to laugh at around 00:50 to 1:00 because thats exactly how i imagine our resident Yeti @papusan and his setup in front of his Igloo 😁😂

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

10 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

i had to laugh at around 00:50 to 1:00 because thats exactly how i imagine our resident Yeti @papusan and his setup in front of his Igloo 😁😂

Vikings don't have igloos. They have ice castles.

image.png.571e6d84db4661f6b49f47258db1af7e.png

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

And the drama continues.....

I just go my board back today and this is what I get. Junk in the cpu slot. Broken release mechanism on PICE slot along with bent center part of PCIE slot. Broken stuff falling from box.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13FW7hAzLKkqrPAroIH_OzrhMArihtmAC?usp=sharing

• Sad 5

Maximus Z790 Apex ~ 13900K ~ MSI 4090 Suprim X ~ G.Skill Trident Z5 7800 Mhz ~ 1TB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Thermaltake 1650W GF3 ~ AACH100HP Water Chiller ~ Praxis Wet Bench Flat

MSI MEG X570S Unify-X MAX ~ 5950X ~ GTX 1070 ~ G.Skill 3200 Mhz ~ 500GB Samsung 980 Pro ~ Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO Tempered Glass ~ Thermaltake 650W ~ 

Hwbot Profile

25 minutes ago, johnksss said:

I just go my board back today and this is what I get. Junk in the cpu slot. Broken release mechanism on PICE slot along with bent center part of PCIE slot. Broken stuff falling from box.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13FW7hAzLKkqrPAroIH_OzrhMArihtmAC?usp=sharing

how much u wanna bet theyll say that u did that? due to "unprofessional handling" of the board because u aint one of their "highly trained" technicians? 😂

man this sux a$$, im feeling for ya...

• Thumb Up 2

10 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

how much u wanna bet theyll say that u did that? due to "unprofessional handling" of the board because u aint one of their "highly trained" technicians? 😂

All I can do is complain yet again at this point, but I'm over it. From here on out it's no longer about getting even it's about getting ahead with this company. That was the 3 shot and they failed yet again.

• Sad 3

Hwbot Profile

47 minutes ago, johnksss said:

8 minutes ago, johnksss said:

All I can do is complain yet again at this point, but I'm over it. From here on out it's no longer about getting even it's about getting ahead with this company. That was the 3 shot and they failed yet again.

Hmm, that's very bad. I have been impressed with the Unify-X so far, but if this level of abject incompetence and service failure is what can be expected from MSI, I am not sure that I will ever consider their brand again going forward. What sucks is the reality that we are left with ASUS, and that doesn't seem better to me (due to truly horrible service and crappy QC). And, the one viable alternative is EVGA, offering excellent products, excellent service, but severely overpriced merchandise, limited stock availability and consistently late release of products. It really feel like everything relating to technology is circling the drain.

image.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Hmm, that's very bad. I have been impressed with the Unify-X so far, but if this level of abject incompetence and service failure is what can be expected from MSI, I am not sure that I will ever consider their brand again going forward. What sucks is the reality that we are left with ASUS, and that doesn't seem better to me (due to truly horrible service and crappy QC). And, the one viable alternative is EVGA, offering excellent products, excellent service, but severely overpriced merchandise, limited stock availability and consistently late release of products. It really feel like everything relating to technology is circling the drain.

image.gif

Kind of why I did not want to buy this from Newegg, but Microcenter did not have the Z690 Unify X nor the Z690 Apex (Which they were hunting down for me but with no luck). If this was MC I would have already gotten a brand new board the same day this board went out.

True on EVGA and Asus does have it's moments, but so far this MSI experiences has top them both on bad service.

Love the board and tech support is pretty on point. No drama or delays on issuing the RMA's And free shipping on the last return. The part that isn't on point is the RMA intake center. They suck royally!

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Hwbot Profile

1 hour ago, johnksss said:

Kind of why I did not want to buy this from Newegg, but Microcenter did not have the Z690 Unify X nor the Z690 Apex (Which they were hunting down for me but with no luck). If this was MC I would have already gotten a brand new board the same day this board went out.

True on EVGA and Asus does have it's moments, but so far this MSI experiences has top them both on bad service.

Love the board and tech support is pretty on point. No drama or delays on issuing the RMA's And free shipping on the last return. The part that isn't on point is the RMA intake center. They suck royally!

I so wish we could have a MicroCenter here. I don't really understand why there isn't one. There is no doubt in my mind it would be wildly successful, and Arizona is one of the most favorable venues for business due to the very conservative approach, low property taxes, super-low income tax, etc. That is why Intel, AMD, TSMC and Motorola all have huge facilities here. It is  also a very tech-friendly enviornment. The state rewards businesses and business owners here rather than punish them... very similar to Texas.

Now that Fry's is dead and gone they would have no competition whatsoever, unless you count Best Buy. I wouldn't count them because Best Buy generally only handles the mediocre middle-market consumer product models and components that I'd never consider buying. As a general rule, they do not stock or sell enthusiast-grade components. There are random exceptions, but few and far between.

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/8888/new-stores#latest

• Thumb Up 4

3 hours ago, johnksss said:

This is one of many things why I buy MB etc from known retail stores here home and not those Norwegian webstores that sell it a few bucks cheaper because they have parallel import from abroad (offer all taxes included). None of their items/parts/repair is located here in Norway.  So it's much easier to deal with a real webstore with good reputation. And this is why I don't want  buy similar items from other countries webstores or even from EVGA abroud. I would be without my new and shiny at least a couple of months each time something breaks. That would sucks.

But I'm sure you find your way out of this mess. Sad when it happens, but who know... You could have been  lucky and everything have worked first time. Good luck bro John. Kick them in the balls

Mike Judge Kick GIF by Idiocracy

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johnksss said:

The part that isn't on point is the RMA intake center. They suck royally!

See bolded text above.

36 minutes ago, Papusan said:

This is one of many things why I buy MB etc from known retail stores here home and not those Norwegian webstores that sell it a few bucks cheaper because they have parallel import from abroad (offer all taxes included). None of their items/parts/repair is located here in Norway.  So it's much easier to deal with a real webstore with good reputation. And this is why I don't want  buy similar items from other countries webstores or even from EVGA abroud. I would be without my new and shiny at least a couple of months each time something breaks. That would sucks.

But I'm sure you find your way out of this mess. Sad when it happens, but who know... You could have been  lucky and everything have worked first time. Good luck bro John. Kick them in the balls

Mike Judge Kick GIF by Idiocracy

.... back to the original issue that started this whole "walk of shame" ordeal...EVGA Hydrocopper water block basically broke everything.....🤦‍♂️

• Thumb Up 2

Hwbot Profile

4 hours ago, jaybee83 said:

I remember being incredibly disappointed when I bought my ex the GE40 a while back. We opted for the super drive adapter. The Msi store front was just a unit much like you would find at a shopping mall from the west, in yongsang south Korea. 

They just plopped it open and punctured the warranty sticker and placed another on top when they were done. The afterglow of msi never returned for me but I did like the F5 as a product. 

• Thumb Up 1