K4sum1 Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago I think at some point there was a whitelist of sorts, but HP removed it in a later BIOS. I had no issues upgrading my GPU and WiFi card. Precision M4800 - i7 4810MQ, 32GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M2200 Thinkpad T430 - i7 3630QM, 16GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 1080p display mod Main PC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080 Ti
Daedalus Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 1 hour ago, K4sum1 said: I think at some point there was a whitelist of sorts, but HP removed it in a later BIOS. I had no issues upgrading my GPU and WiFi card. i have the final .71ver on my machine, looking at the bios release notes on HP.com, it doesnt call out an whitelist being present, that said some had issues (there was alot of chatter on older forums on it). There was a Coreboot bios floating around 8770W only (however 8570 and 8770W share same .71 version, no O/C option in the .71 bios release for CPU or RAM.....which is a shame. I tried (and failed) a GTX 965M upgrade, might have been a duff card. However now working on my 980M upgrade. No issue going from 62205 to a 7260HMW, just plug an play in win10. HP Elitebook 8570w - i7-3940XM / 32GB HyperX 1866 (fake) / 1TB Samsung Evo / 512gb Kingston Msata / K1000m (to be 980M)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now